WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Axeman

To get to the Totts Gap Trailhead

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
EXTREME disclaimer -- there is very little advantage to going to the Totts Gap trailhead. The one at Fox Gap is right on the trail and the road is far easier driving. The only advantage I can note is a trailhead on a quieter road.

Anyway, if you're starting from I-80 get off on the exit for Hiway 611. Yes, I know there's two of these, but either one will get you there.
1) If Exit 307 (at Stroudsburg), follow the signs to Hiway 191, then head south on that road. Watch for Cherry Valley Road; turn left (east) when you get there. Stay on Cherry Valley Road until you get to Totts Gap Road, and turn right (south) there. Then go up till you see the sign telling you that you can't drive any further (it'll be pretty obvious). The parking area has a sign and room for about four cars. I have no idea if overnight parking is permitted or safe.
2) If Exit 310 (at DWG, the town), just go south on Hiway 611 (aka Main Street) for almost no distance at all. Opposite Broad Street in DWG is Cherry Valley Road, on which you must turn right (west). Then turn left (south) onto Totts Gap Road.

If you instead choose Fox Gap, just stay on Hiway 191 south (there may still be a MAJOR detour) until you get to the trailhead. There's plenty of parking.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments