User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

QuietStorm

Winter Hiking Project

Thread Starter: QuietStorm

While I wait for next year to finish my last section of the AT from Stratton to Katahdin, Iíll be section hiking the Tuscarora Trail. Itís basically in

Last Post By: Average American Today, 14:07 Go to last post
    Mother Natures Son

Summer Sausage

Thread Starter: Mother Natures Son

Went to the store today to pick up some snacks for the trail. Lo and behold they had summer sausage, which brings back a flood of memories of Pepperidge

Last Post By: RockDoc Today, 13:59 Go to last post
    BAontheTrail

Summer Trail Recommendations for Educator

Thread Starter: BAontheTrail

Hey Y'all, I'm interested in your input for summer section, or smaller thru hikes. I'm located in Southern Louisiana and while there are good hikes in

Last Post By: BAontheTrail Today, 13:37 Go to last post
    Big_Country

Weather around Neels gap

Thread Starter: Big_Country

Anybody have info on weather this time of year around Neels gap. Starting a section hike at springer the 27th, and looking for some local, firsthand knowledge

Last Post By: skater Today, 12:00 Go to last post
    John B

Let's keep it clean, y'all

Thread Starter: John B

I disagree with the notion that if you hike for multiple days, you will necessarily smell like a pig farm on a rainy day.

Attached is a pic

Last Post By: TwistedCF Today, 11:55 Go to last post
    copro

WTB Waterproof 3 season Bivy

Thread Starter: copro

Looking for a waterproof bivy, not too heavy, but doesn't necessarily need to be ultralight. Looking to spend less than $100. I like what I see at MSR

Last Post By: greensleep Today, 10:24 Go to last post