User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

appstate_mj

What to do if I see a bear?

Thread Starter: appstate_mj

Not sure whether to post this here or in hiker safety. But I've never encountered a bear before (this will only be my 3rd section hike)...I'm doing part

Last Post By: appstate_mj Today, 10:00 Go to last post
    jgillam

Duplex Double Wall Insert / $65 shipped

Thread Starter: jgillam

Zpacks made these for a few years before but, didn't always list them on their website.

I kept this after selling my Duplex in case I ever

Last Post By: jgillam Today, 09:01 Go to last post
    Bubblehead

LASH from Marion, Va. to Springer

Thread Starter: Bubblehead

Doing a LASH from Marion, Va. to Springer Approach beginning September 3rd. Can't wait! I know the weather will be hot, but I live in Florida, so I'm

Last Post By: Bubblehead Today, 08:48 Go to last post
    JNI64

Hiker shape

Thread Starter: JNI64

a couple of us on another thread have discussed how we are staying in shape. If you don't live close to enough to utilize trails how do you stay in hiking

Last Post By: Bubblehead Today, 08:41 Go to last post
    cbreneman

Coffee

Thread Starter: cbreneman

Hi Everyone,

About to do the in-state portion of North Carolina in a couple of weeks and looking for a suggestion...

What's

Last Post By: Starchild Today, 08:16 Go to last post
    fiddlehead

Video of a Pink Floyd cover I did with lots of CDT wildlife content. Griz too

Thread Starter: fiddlehead

I've been locked down here in Thailand and so; recording lots of music covers that I call "Lockdown Videos" I make them into music videos

Last Post By: JNI64 Today, 08:02 Go to last post