User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Tipi Walter

21 Days in a Pit Viper Furnace

Thread Starter: Tipi Walter

I'm in vacation mode on this trip which means the goal is to camp by wilderness creeks for as long as possible and to have as many easy days of hiking

Last Post By: PatmanTN Today, 11:33 Go to last post
    kolokolo

The Trail Needs You

Thread Starter: kolokolo

Just returned from a week with the ATC Mid-Atlantic trail crew, working on a trail relocation near Palmerton, PA. It's hard work, but I learned a lot

Last Post By: skater Today, 10:13 Go to last post
    BenK

Topo maps for unpopular areas?

Thread Starter: BenK

Can someone suggest where or how to obtain topo maps for local/unpopular hiking areas? I am specifically looking for Ma and RI. I would like to practice

Last Post By: CalebJ Today, 10:07 Go to last post
    mdj05f

Any bad towns?

Thread Starter: mdj05f

A customer at my brother's vitamin store who was experienced with the AT mentioned a few towns that in fact DO NOT appreciate AT thru-hikers and do not

Last Post By: TexasBob Today, 09:29 Go to last post
    TwistedCF

A.T. Guide???

Thread Starter: TwistedCF

Does anyone know if the A.T. Guide will be revised for 2020? I know that not all reference materials are updated yearly and I'm wondering if I should

Last Post By: TwistedCF Today, 08:55 Go to last post
    John B

Let's keep it clean, y'all

Thread Starter: John B

I disagree with the notion that if you hike for multiple days, you will necessarily smell like a pig farm on a rainy day.

Attached is a pic

Last Post By: chknfngrs Today, 07:46 Go to last post