User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

John B

Let's keep it clean, y'all

Thread Starter: John B

I disagree with the notion that if you hike for multiple days, you will necessarily smell like a pig farm on a rainy day.

Attached is a pic

Last Post By: reppans Today, 10:45 Go to last post
    chknfngrs

110g Fuel canisters

Thread Starter: chknfngrs

Just bought a BRS-5000 whatever stove and looking for what price the 110g fuel can should run. Cursory search yields $9.99 for GSI and $19.99 for another.

Last Post By: 4eyedbuzzard Today, 10:43 Go to last post
    ldsailor

Picture of Mountain Lion Near Big Bald?

Thread Starter: ldsailor

This picture was taken in the Wolf Laurel area. Wolf Laurel is a mountain community, which is walking distance from Big Bald (mile 325 NOBO). Below

Last Post By: rhjanes Today, 09:46 Go to last post
    Utah Hikes

BV-500 or BV-450: Which One?

Thread Starter: Utah Hikes

I'm leaning toward using one of these two bear canisters for my 2020 thru-hike, for ease of use (no bag-hanging hassles) and for doing my part in potentially

Last Post By: chknfngrs Today, 09:11 Go to last post
    tessiea

20F Underquilt: Full Length vs Partial + Pad

Thread Starter: tessiea

Considering an AT thru hike starting February 2020. I currently have a UGQ Zeppelin 20 full length underquilt but I'm wondering if this is worth switching

Last Post By: tessiea Today, 07:58 Go to last post
    Shutterbug

Camino de Santiago, Portugal Way

Thread Starter: Shutterbug

It has been a while since I posted here. I usually post about the Wonderland Trail, but I thought I would share about my most recent experience. I just

Last Post By: Starchild Today, 07:38 Go to last post