User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

SierraHotel

Advise for "older" hikers

Thread Starter: SierraHotel

Anyone here have done the AT over 65 years old? I suspect the challenges are somewhat different than the younger crowd. Could use some advise. Hoping/planning

Last Post By: tiptoe Today, 20:08 Go to last post
    stephanD

New AT memoir

Thread Starter: stephanD

A new AT memoir is out. A real gem. Derrick "Mr. Fabulous" Lugo, a NYC guy with no hiking or camping experience, takes on the AT in "The

Last Post By: stephanD Today, 18:58 Go to last post
    Traveler

Electric bicycles soon to be in National Parks, Forests, BLM lands?

Thread Starter: Traveler

This may be old news, but I just caught this today, a current administration order will allow electric bikes (E-Bikes) onto trails in National Parks,

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Today, 18:43 Go to last post
    icebeard

Water situation in Massachusetts

Thread Starter: icebeard

Headed to do the Massachusetts section here in the next week. Was wondering if anyone had any recent feedback on how well the springs are flowing up

Last Post By: icebeard Today, 18:33 Go to last post
    jefals

Wet Butt

Thread Starter: jefals

I've got an Osprey pack with the external hydration sleeve. Tried a couple different 3l bladders; Platypus, with the fill cap at the bottom, and Camelbak

Last Post By: jefals Today, 17:44 Go to last post
    TheVermonster

Hammock for the Long Trail

Thread Starter: TheVermonster

I'm going out for 10 days on the LT and am interested in buying a used lightweight hammock/bug net/tarp if anyone's selling. Thanks!

Last Post By: KB1EJH Today, 17:08 Go to last post