User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Big_Old_Dog

Training tips for ultra cyclist converting to backpacker??

Thread Starter: Big_Old_Dog

Could anyone please guide me to training advice (trying to convert myself from a cyclist to a somewhat speedy 62 year old backpacker)?

Last Post By: Big_Old_Dog Today, 13:06 Go to last post
    ednotmilkman

Indian Mtn ATV trails tear right through north AL Pinhoti Section

Thread Starter: ednotmilkman

I just finished a full "leapfrog" hike of AL Pinhoti and had no idea that almost all the private property (owner Gerald Willis I think) above

Last Post By: ednotmilkman Today, 11:50 Go to last post
    wmoriarty

4000 Footers Summer

Thread Starter: wmoriarty

I'm looking to do all 48 4000 footers this summer. Does anyone have a good order to do them in, in which it will be about 15 trips or so. I'm not opposed

Last Post By: Slo-go'en Today, 11:20 Go to last post
    Red Sky

GSMNP Hike

Thread Starter: Red Sky

I understand that the Smokies are open again, but is the AT thru the park open? If so, are the shelters closed? (and if so, can you hike thru without

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Today, 10:25 Go to last post
    Grunt

Section hike help near Warwick, NY

Thread Starter: Grunt

Planning a Sobo lash from CT/NY border to DWG in late Sept - Oct. Using Guthook and AWOL ... and there doesn't seem to be many or any hostels available.

Last Post By: Grunt Today, 10:18 Go to last post
    perrymk

Trowel test

Thread Starter: perrymk

So I've accumulated a collection of backpacking trowels. I got to thinking comparing them might be fun, or at least a way to pass the time. But I like

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Today, 10:17 Go to last post