User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Storminnorman

Glasses

Thread Starter: Storminnorman

Looking for possible recommendations for bringing glasses on the trail. I think I would want something other than the thinner more delicate frames. Normally

Last Post By: Carbo Today, 21:13 Go to last post
    Storminnorman

InReach

Thread Starter: Storminnorman

What are the general thoughts on bringing an InReach or similar device? Is it worth the cost, weight, and need to be regularly recharged?

Last Post By: jefals Today, 21:10 Go to last post
    Kfried

Kestrel drop vs onset hobo for tracking temperature

Thread Starter: Kfried

Does any one have an opinion about the kestrel drop vs the Onset HOBO for logging temperature. Iím interested in a devices like these for low temperatures

Last Post By: tflaris Today, 20:30 Go to last post
    The DeafGuy

Bounce box

Thread Starter: The DeafGuy

Hey everyone! New guy sorta speak so bare w/me if you will. I did a quick search but didnít see my question so here goes ... I have to take meds on a

Last Post By: The DeafGuy Today, 20:25 Go to last post
    natureboy68

Fingerboard shelter report

Thread Starter: natureboy68

Stopped at fingerboard for lunch on the way from bald rock shelter, before taking the AT back to car at elk pen. The log book is full, roof seems to be

Last Post By: blackmagic Today, 19:28 Go to last post
    fastfoxengineering

Big K. October 2019

Thread Starter: fastfoxengineering

Went up and walked all over Katahdin this past October. First time back since finishing the AT. Kinda funny cause the couple in the summit photo i trail

Last Post By: fastfoxengineering Today, 17:13 Go to last post