User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

tessiea

20F Underquilt: Full Length vs Partial + Pad

Thread Starter: tessiea

Considering an AT thru hike starting February 2020. I currently have a UGQ Zeppelin 20 full length underquilt but I'm wondering if this is worth switching

Last Post By: Deadeye Today, 20:23 Go to last post
    Utah Hikes

BV-500 or BV-450: Which One?

Thread Starter: Utah Hikes

I'm leaning toward using one of these two bear canisters for my 2020 thru-hike, for ease of use (no bag-hanging hassles) and for doing my part in potentially

Last Post By: Deadeye Today, 20:20 Go to last post
    ghetto-okie

Potential Trail Magic Items

Thread Starter: ghetto-okie

Hi all! We're currently looking to move to western NC or eastern Tennesee next year. I'll be within a reasonable distance to be a trail angel here and

Last Post By: stephanD Today, 19:41 Go to last post
    Turk6177

Water Standing Bear Farm north to Erwin

Thread Starter: Turk6177

How is the water situation between Standing Bear Farm and Erwin looking? Are any of the reliable sources in AWOL's guide no longer there? What seems

Last Post By: TNhiker Today, 14:40 Go to last post
    Slugg

Campsite Recs GA Section 28

Thread Starter: Slugg

Going NoBo, the first 2.6 miles of this section are roadwalk. After that, there is 6.5 miles of trail before getting back on a road at FS3A.

Last Post By: Slugg Today, 13:08 Go to last post
    ldsailor

Picture of Mountain Lion Near Big Bald?

Thread Starter: ldsailor

This picture was taken in the Wolf Laurel area. Wolf Laurel is a mountain community, which is walking distance from Big Bald (mile 325 NOBO). Below

Last Post By: zelph Today, 12:45 Go to last post