User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

natureboy68

Fingerboard shelter report

Thread Starter: natureboy68

Stopped at fingerboard for lunch on the way from bald rock shelter, before taking the AT back to car at elk pen. The log book is full, roof seems to be

Last Post By: MichaelK7 Today, 15:41 Go to last post
    QuietStorm

Winter Hiking Project

Thread Starter: QuietStorm

While I wait for next year to finish my last section of the AT from Stratton to Katahdin, Iíll be section hiking the Tuscarora Trail. Itís basically in

Last Post By: Average American Today, 14:07 Go to last post
    Mother Natures Son

Summer Sausage

Thread Starter: Mother Natures Son

Went to the store today to pick up some snacks for the trail. Lo and behold they had summer sausage, which brings back a flood of memories of Pepperidge

Last Post By: RockDoc Today, 13:59 Go to last post
    BAontheTrail

Summer Trail Recommendations for Educator

Thread Starter: BAontheTrail

Hey Y'all, I'm interested in your input for summer section, or smaller thru hikes. I'm located in Southern Louisiana and while there are good hikes in

Last Post By: BAontheTrail Today, 13:37 Go to last post
    Big_Country

Weather around Neels gap

Thread Starter: Big_Country

Anybody have info on weather this time of year around Neels gap. Starting a section hike at springer the 27th, and looking for some local, firsthand knowledge

Last Post By: skater Today, 12:00 Go to last post
    John B

Let's keep it clean, y'all

Thread Starter: John B

I disagree with the notion that if you hike for multiple days, you will necessarily smell like a pig farm on a rainy day.

Attached is a pic

Last Post By: TwistedCF Today, 11:55 Go to last post