User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Bubblehead

Camp shoes?

Thread Starter: Bubblehead

For LASH, camp shoes or no camp shoes? Trying to decrease my base weight. Is leaving camp shoes out worth the decreased weight? My camp shoes are 9 oz....

Last Post By: CalebJ Today, 19:35 Go to last post
    Majortrauma

Scaring Bears

Thread Starter: Majortrauma

This is a lot more expensive than Bear spray (approx $200.00) but I think this would be an exceptionally effective way to scare away bears that may have

Last Post By: Coffee Today, 19:27 Go to last post
    Koolade

Budget Shakedown

Thread Starter: Koolade

Hello,

I am currently planning my thru hike of the AT. A big part of the planning is around the budget. I have never completed a thru hike,

Last Post By: lonehiker Today, 19:26 Go to last post
    mverville

Shenandoah resupply

Thread Starter: mverville

Any thoughts on resupply through the SNP in early April?

Last Post By: Coffee Today, 19:18 Go to last post
    WhiteBlaze

The Appalachian Trail Conservancy Won’t Recognize Your 2021 Thru-Hike for Now - Backp

Thread Starter: WhiteBlaze

<a href="https://www.backpacker.com/news-and-events/the-appalachian-trail-conservancy-wont-recognize-your-2021-thru-hike-for-now" target="_blank">The

Last Post By: kolokolo Today, 17:58 Go to last post
    Gambit McCrae

Sheltowee Trace Coming to Guthooks Soon

Thread Starter: Gambit McCrae

After some persistent requests Atlas guides has been working with the STA to transfer, compile and create data to have an Atlas Guide of the Sheltowee

Last Post By: Gambit McCrae Today, 17:21 Go to last post