User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Big_Country

Weather around Neels gap

Thread Starter: Big_Country

Anybody have info on weather this time of year around Neels gap. Starting a section hike at springer the 27th, and looking for some local, firsthand knowledge

Last Post By: Pacific_Creek Today, 19:21 Go to last post
    QuietStorm

Winter Hiking Project

Thread Starter: QuietStorm

While I wait for next year to finish my last section of the AT from Stratton to Katahdin, Iíll be section hiking the Tuscarora Trail. Itís basically in

Last Post By: QuietStorm Today, 18:45 Go to last post
    Ginger.Snap

Places to purchase synthetic insulation

Thread Starter: Ginger.Snap

Hey folks, I am looking for suggestions on good options for purchasing synthetic insulation for diy backpacking quilts.
    The ones I know of are

Last Post By: Strategic Today, 18:31 Go to last post
    copro

WTB Waterproof 3 season Bivy

Thread Starter: copro

Looking for a waterproof bivy, not too heavy, but doesn't necessarily need to be ultralight. Looking to spend less than $100. I like what I see at MSR

Last Post By: copro Today, 17:54 Go to last post
    tessiea

20F Underquilt: Full Length vs Partial + Pad

Thread Starter: tessiea

Considering an AT thru hike starting February 2020. I currently have a UGQ Zeppelin 20 full length underquilt but I'm wondering if this is worth switching

Last Post By: Feral Bill Today, 15:01 Go to last post
    Nanashi

Advice for the 100 Mile Wilderness

Thread Starter: Nanashi

I am setting out for the 100 Mile Wilderness on the 24th and am looking for any helpful advice. I'm getting the hang of my equipment and training whenever

Last Post By: RockDoc Today, 14:52 Go to last post