User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

perrymk

Trowel test

Thread Starter: perrymk

So I've accumulated a collection of backpacking trowels. I got to thinking comparing them might be fun, or at least a way to pass the time. But I like

Last Post By: HooKooDooKu Today, 10:17 Go to last post
    wmoriarty

4000 Footers Summer

Thread Starter: wmoriarty

I'm looking to do all 48 4000 footers this summer. Does anyone have a good order to do them in, in which it will be about 15 trips or so. I'm not opposed

Last Post By: Scrum Today, 10:11 Go to last post
    Big_Old_Dog

Training tips for ultra cyclist converting to backpacker??

Thread Starter: Big_Old_Dog

Could anyone please guide me to training advice (trying to convert myself from a cyclist to a somewhat speedy 62 year old backpacker)?

Last Post By: Big_Old_Dog Today, 10:06 Go to last post
    SoaknWet

Question

Thread Starter: SoaknWet

Any hikers out there hiking and using a backpack with a pacemaker? Tuesday I had to have a pacemaker put in and when discussing my goals with the doctor

Last Post By: Shutterbug Today, 09:38 Go to last post
    peternunes

Murder suspect, last seen in East Stroudsburg...

Thread Starter: peternunes

There was a double murder, assault, and kidnapping in Connecticut a few days ago. The suspect's name is Peter Manfredonia. The case has received nation

Last Post By: BlackCloud Today, 09:27 Go to last post
    jessearl

MD - Section hike help

Thread Starter: jessearl

My wife and I were planning on an upcoming weekend section hike through Maryland from Harper's Ferry to Pen Mar Park in early June. We were planning to

Last Post By: jessearl Today, 08:57 Go to last post