User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Icarus88

Osprey Exos 48 size M

Thread Starter: Icarus88

I have a 2016 model Osprey Exos 48 size M (18-21). With the the brain it weighs 40 oz and 36 oz without. This thing was my bread and butter for years

Last Post By: Icarus88 Today, 12:47 Go to last post
    Coffee

Sky Meadows State Park

Thread Starter: Coffee

I'm a proponent of getting off main trails when opportunities arise for great scenery or just a less crowded alternative. In my view, "purity"

Last Post By: TwoSpirits Today, 11:59 Go to last post
    RiverbirchHiker

Experience with freeze-dried food?

Thread Starter: RiverbirchHiker

Do any of you purchase bulk freeze-dried ingredients to prepare your own backpacking meals? This is getting past buying prepared meals from places like

Last Post By: 4eyedbuzzard Today, 11:50 Go to last post
    Coffee

DCF vs X-PAC vs Gridstop vs Robic?

I've been a little out of the loop on developments in gear over the past couple of years and have noticed that there are now "waterproof" backpacks

Last Post By: cmoulder Today, 11:49 Go to last post
    mclaught

Where are trail services needed the most?

Thread Starter: mclaught

Let's say, hypothetically, someone was thinking about setting up a hiker friendly B&B/shuttle service close to the trail and was trying to identify

Last Post By: Jeff Today, 11:42 Go to last post
    Coffee

zPacks Carbon Fiber Staff - First Impressions

I ordered a zPacks Carbon Fiber Staff during their December sale and finally got a chance to test it out on a short hike this weekend. Here are some

Last Post By: cmoulder Today, 11:25 Go to last post