User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

RockDoc

Hiking with 10 days food

Thread Starter: RockDoc

Planning 10 days on PCT, Section K, Rainy Pass to Stevens Pass, WA (no resupply at Stehekin). Our packs are dialed in at 20 lbs, but 10 x 2 lbs/day food

Last Post By: RockDoc Today, 21:04 Go to last post
    fastfoxengineering

Bug Situation in CO

Thread Starter: fastfoxengineering

What's the bug pressure looking like this season in the Rockies? Being a high snow year, did everything just melt and now the bugs are horrid?

Last Post By: fastfoxengineering Today, 20:58 Go to last post
    JNI64

Justifiable homicide

Thread Starter: JNI64

Yay finally a good guy wins . Apparently over the weekend at deadman campground in tusilumne Colorado a couple sleeping in their tent a stranger enters

Last Post By: Lone Wolf Today, 20:57 Go to last post
    lifeisalwaysgood

Your top 3 must haves in your pack?

Thread Starter: lifeisalwaysgood

Curious to know from several of you, what are your top 3 items you MUST have in your pack if you are hiking the Appalachian trail?

Last Post By: LazyLightning Today, 20:55 Go to last post
    WesleyCBruce

Dehydrated beans

Thread Starter: WesleyCBruce

I have never used dehydrated beans before. My question is- if dehydrated beans are placed in water and just sit will they absorb the water and be easily

Last Post By: Traffic Jam Today, 20:28 Go to last post
    jburgasser

Standing Bear Farm

Thread Starter: jburgasser

Does anyone have any experience with Curtis and Maria at Standing Bear Farm just past the northern boundry of the Smokies? Planning on mailing a food

Last Post By: LazyLightning Today, 19:07 Go to last post