User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Candr01

Water in GA/NC?

Thread Starter: Candr01

Looking to do the final GA stretch Dicks Gap, GA to Deep Gap, NC but am a little worried about the water. I've been told GA is pretty dry right now. Has

Last Post By: Candr01 Today, 18:04 Go to last post
    Candr01

Water at Bly Gap, GA

Thread Starter: Candr01

Looking to do the final leg of GA, Dicks Creek to Deep Gap, but am concerned about water sources drying up. I've heard things in GA are bad right now.

Last Post By: Candr01 Today, 17:50 Go to last post
    Trailseeker

Deep gap to springer how are the bugs.

Thread Starter: Trailseeker

Starting a hike this week and was wondering how bad the bugs are. Planning on using a hammock and if I should bring the bug net.

Last Post By: Trailseeker Today, 17:38 Go to last post
    John B

Let's keep it clean, y'all

Thread Starter: John B

I disagree with the notion that if you hike for multiple days, you will necessarily smell like a pig farm on a rainy day.

Attached is a pic

Last Post By: illabelle Today, 17:36 Go to last post
    BAontheTrail

Summer Trail Recommendations for Educator

Thread Starter: BAontheTrail

Hey Y'all, I'm interested in your input for summer section, or smaller thru hikes. I'm located in Southern Louisiana and while there are good hikes in

Last Post By: TwistedCF Today, 17:19 Go to last post
    spfleisig

Tarp Recommendations

Thread Starter: spfleisig

Looking for recommendations for a fully waterproof, lightweight sil nylon tarp. It needs to have many grommet holes, not just four. 10x10 size. Will

Last Post By: spfleisig Today, 17:04 Go to last post