User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

PennyPincher

Trail Difficulty Rating System

Thread Starter: PennyPincher

Is there a consistent trail rating system? I have often seen different guidebooks state certain trails are "easy, moderate or difficult" but

Last Post By: Odd Man Out Today, 13:23 Go to last post
    atjeff

app to schedule shuttle rides for AT

Thread Starter: atjeff

I've launched an app this year to help hikers and shuttle providers find each other. So far even in the pandemic it's catching on. It's free to use,

Last Post By: illabelle Today, 13:03 Go to last post
    DuneElliot

Lake District (UK), July 2020: A Quiet Day and an Iconic Crag (Trip report and video)

Thread Starter: DuneElliot

***Please bear in mind that the lower quality of the footage from my first three videos is only because I wanted to be sure I enjoyed creating content

Last Post By: DuneElliot Today, 12:57 Go to last post
    appstate_mj

What to do if I see a bear?

Thread Starter: appstate_mj

Not sure whether to post this here or in hiker safety. But I've never encountered a bear before (this will only be my 3rd section hike)...I'm doing part

Last Post By: TNhiker Today, 12:23 Go to last post
    cbreneman

Coffee

Thread Starter: cbreneman

Hi Everyone,

About to do the in-state portion of North Carolina in a couple of weeks and looking for a suggestion...

What's

Last Post By: martinb Today, 10:54 Go to last post
    OhioHiker

Pictured Rocks section.

Thread Starter: OhioHiker

I am planning a section hike of the 42 miles thru Pictured Rocks NP. Grand Maris to Munising Falls. Seems like it should be doable in 4 day 3 nights.

Last Post By: Odd Man Out Today, 10:53 Go to last post