User Name:

Password:
    Remember Me?
  • Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Hitchin' Post

Official GET trail towns?

Thread Starter: Hitchin' Post

Is there a list of designated trail towns on the GET? I think Chattanooga's one, and Elkhorn City. Maybe Cave Spring? Any others?

Last Post By: cliffordbarnabus Today, 03:31 Go to last post
    Majortrauma

Scaring Bears

Thread Starter: Majortrauma

This is a lot more expensive than Bear spray (approx $200.00) but I think this would be an exceptionally effective way to scare away bears that may have

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 01:43 Go to last post
    zelph

Original ZELPH Fancee Feest Alcohol Stove

Thread Starter: zelph

Weighs 24 grams, 2-1/2 inches in diameter, 2-1/4 inches tallFuel capacity is 2.5 ouncesIn ideal conditions, boils 2 cups of water in 6 min using 1/2 ounce

Last Post By: zelph Yesterday, 21:09 Go to last post
    vsiddhartha

Traction Devices Needed for Roan in Winter?

Thread Starter: vsiddhartha

Though I've hiked the Roan Highlands twice in the fall, I am planning my first winter trip (from Carver's Gap to 19E) for this February. I imagine it

Last Post By: vsiddhartha Yesterday, 19:29 Go to last post
    Bubblehead

Camp shoes?

Thread Starter: Bubblehead

For LASH, camp shoes or no camp shoes? Trying to decrease my base weight. Is leaving camp shoes out worth the decreased weight? My camp shoes are 9 oz....

Last Post By: Bubblehead Yesterday, 18:57 Go to last post
    bert304

Z-Packs Arc Air Pack?

Thread Starter: bert304

I currently use an Osprey Kestrel 48 liter. My question is, Is the Z-Packs Arc Air pack worth the cost. I am a weekender and vacation hiker. The weight

Last Post By: cmoulder Yesterday, 18:40 Go to last post