WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Why McDonalds?

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Exactly.

Mcdonalds really sucks, so does most fast-food. So why do people want to eat there?

1) its fast
    2) its relatively cheap
    3) you know what to expect, and its always exactly the same
    Truett Cathey (Chick Filet) said that you can build a business on bad coffee. But it has to be bad every time! You can't serve good coffee sometime and bad coffee sometime. Whatever you do has do be consistent. Mc'D's does this with their whole menu. And it works!

Journal Entries
    Images

Probably cuz . . . . they are in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Journal Entries
    Images

I have never seen Chick do anything wrong. We have 10 new restaurants in the area and the lines spiral around them. In spite of the huge volume they are clean - neat and never disappoint. Walking in is more fun than the Drive Thru.

Then there is Whopper Wednesday.... ohhhhhhhhhh! Order without Ketchup and ask for a Zesty packet.... yum
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/...s-4-piece.html OMG! Worse than what I thought - massive amts of sodium(salt), massive amts of "BAD" fat(including hydrogenated oil and a whopping amt of saturated fat), and cholesterol as well as MSG, CORN(actually a HUGE amt of corn(Genetically Modified of course) accounts for McNuggets), TBHQ(look it up, NOT NICE "stuff"), Dimethylpolysiloxane(had to look this one up myself, a type of silicone!, certainly doesn't sound like something I want to ingest). With that list you have to wonder the origin and definition of what the "chicken" is in McDonalds McNuggets. Should you want some "special dipping sauce" with your "nuggets" of deliciousness that contains lots of corn syrup including some varieties that are mostly High Fructose Corn Syrup(HFCS) - SUGAR. They have all the BIG ones in there(w/the sauce) in MASSIVE AMOUNTS! - FAT(some of the nastiest unhealthiest kind too), SALT, and SUGAR. Keeps em coming back for more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_McNuggets http://www.care2.com/greenliving/25-...mcnuggets.html http://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm http://www.naturalnews.com/041646_ch...ge_fibers.html http://www.dailyfinance.com/on/whats...an-youd-think/ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mer..._b_805190.html Reviews don't get much better either. No wonder the MD's overseeing Morgan Spurlock's health in Super Size Me, which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary, advised Spurlock to quit the 30 day experiment or else he might die. If you absolutely must eat chicken like product from McDonalds you might try a Roasted Chicken sandwich. Skip the "special" dipping sauce and probably anything else McDonalds advertises as "special!" Personally, don't know exactly how much better this is, but I'd rather eat a Roasted Chicken Sandwich from Chic Fil A IF I had to eat fast food chicken. ***According to McDonald's annual 2009 financial report, McDonalds "officially" spent about $750 million in advertising 2009. THAT BUYS ALOT OF IMAGE! It's only your life at stake. Or, perhaps your families. McDonalds targets families, especially children(the adult's/parent's money!), and of course low income less educated overweight consumers.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyWalker View Post
    Probably cuz . . . . they are in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is also a factor, wanting food ASAP, not wanting to wait for food, even if the drive is further, it doesn't feel as long as waiting in a restaurant to be served.

Chick fil a is hardly health food and I only eat there maybe once or twice each month but it is the only fast food I normally eat. A chicken breast is a chicken breast there... Not frozen Chicken composite. The food is still high in fat and salt but there are healthier options I choose to pass up (like the grilled chicken). In small towns I like to try the local places. If there aren't any or they look bad, fast food is sometimes the comfortable choice.

What I have been doing for years is when I want a Big Mac I order it made with 2 quarter pound patties, that way the meat is equal in size to the bun and I don't have to go digging for it. Reminds me of the way the sandwich used to be back in the 70's when I first started eating them. If you're a Big Mac fan try it.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Another BAD thing about simply gnoshing McDruggets and much(didn't say all)of the rest on the Micky Dee's menu is where's the fiber? Research has shown, people who eat the least fiber have much higher rates of heart disease, obesity, chronic inflammation, and metabolic syndrome.

When it gets down to it nothing tastes as good as healthy and fit feels.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Actually Sly - its the calories. Tylenol is more dangerous. Your health should be fine.
    Yes but in fairness, Tylenol is shockingly dangerous if the directions aren't followed.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Mac as comfort food? The whole world reels in shock.
    Cvt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

Journal Entries
    Images

So is pizza - as a pest control tech - guess who is the nastiest place to eat in America?....
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

So is pizza - as a pest control tech - guess who is the nastiest place to eat in America?....
    Chinese....

Haven't eaten mcd for almost 2years and before it was probably thrice per year.

Thanks to supersizeme and publishing of articles that reveal and describe ingredients the choice to not eat there was the most sensible option.

Sent from my vivid imagination and delusions of grandeur
    Let me go

Is there any greater symbol of all that is America and American than McDonald's? I can't think of anything.

I enjoy an occasional meal at Mcds. But consider the fact that it costs 7-8 dollars in most places to eat there. For that price.. one can often find an AYCE chinese buffet, or prehaps load up on a southern breakfast of biscuits and gravy (No thanks on the Gritz!) omlette, hash browns and tea or cocoa! YUM! Personally.. I would probably ask to be taken to Burger Kind. Pretty much where ever there's a MCD's there's a Burger King somewhere nearby!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNH View Post
    Is there any greater symbol of all that is America and American than McDonald's? I can't think of anything.
    I vote for Coca Cola. Got to have my artificially colored and flavored corn syrup! (in moderation!)

If you live in Canada you can kiss your corn syrup flavored Coke goodbye. Those traitors use sugar.

Sent from my vivid imagination and delusions of grandeur
    Let me go

Then there is Whopper Wednesday.... ohhhhhhhhhh! Order without Ketchup and ask for a Zesty packet.... yum
    Whoppers have mayonnaise, not ketchup.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Whoppers have mayonnaise, not ketchup.
    they have both

Images

There's a myriad of reasons I can think of immediately ; something familiar, convenience , and affordability. Their dollar menu is as cheap as it gets.
    Unfortunately we, (this country) have become so indoctrinated that McDonalds is our go to eatery even when there's a healthier cheap alternative on the next block, such as Subway .
    Our culture wants instant everything, ignoring the consequences of eating fast food that's loaded with sodium.

It was such fun to talk to disgruntled visitors at the hospital where I work after McDonalds lost it's contract this past year. Our new CEO decided to go to having a food court setup that introduced a healthier mix of food .
    It wasn't a popular decision and trying to rationale with these folks , well let's just say was mind- boggling
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Images

You never picked me up I guess. McD has no beer. I have no idea why anyone goes there.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++