Default Best section to do 350-450 miles with hammock?

I'd like to hike for more or less than a month on the florida trail with my hammock at the end of December. I've heard some sections aren't hammock friendly.

Can any one can recommend their favorite 350-450 mile hammock friendly section?

Thanks

Now that we have the state parks on board with hammocks, you shouldn't have any problems hiking the Florida Trail with a hammock, plenty of trees on both corridors. You might have to be a bit less choosey around Lake Okeechobee, but there are plenty of sites there as well. What sections did you hear that weren't hammock friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Now that we have the state parks on board with hammocks, you shouldn't have any problems hiking the Florida Trail with a hammock, plenty of trees on both corridors. You might have to be a bit less choosey around Lake Okeechobee, but there are plenty of sites there as well. What sections did you hear that weren't hammock friendly?
    I was unaware there were issues with hammocks. I'm betting most thru-hikers aren't aware of this.

I think the best sections would be Ocala and northward & lots of great stuff in the Panhandle that no one ever talks about. St. Marks, Apalachichola, the entire Suwannee.

++ New Posts ++