Quote Originally Posted by polechar View Post
Hey man great video! I know their were not many through hikers going southbound with a dog, I heard their was someone in front of me with one. Looks like you have a great friend. It's amazing how many of the exact same pictures I have that are in you're video, including my favorite one, the high five. I have videos on youtube also. congratulations on an incredible feat. what were you're trail names?
hey polechar, first off congrats to you and your dog as well. you're the only other pair i know that successfully completed southbound thru-hike this year.

i think i saw some of your youtube videos when i took a few days off in virginia. i was wondering if you guys would catch up to us. my trail name was DW or dog whisperer, and my dog's name is nara.

towards the end of our hike, we hiked with the blunt brothers. one of the brothers adopted a dog in maryland and named it washington (found him near the washington monument in maryland). the other brother found an abandoned lab-mix puppy on the other side of the smokys and named it benny after a recently deceased friend.

nara and i hiked most of the AT by ourselves, but it was nice to hike with a dog crew for a few weeks to mix things up. hope all is well back home.