WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Former Admin

Default Len Foote Hike Inn

Comments, opinions, experiences related to Len Foote Hike Inn

Just Passin' Thru.... Kozmic Zian's Avatar
    Images

Yea....Len Foote Inn. I've walked by it several times and have read their brochures. I even went up on the deck, once and looked in. Someone, working there, waved me in, so I walked in and spoke to this person. He said, he worked there. The place was beautiful, spacious and warm. Big fireplace. Looked like a great place to Kick Off a Thruy. Think I will next time I do a NOBO. You should too..........KZ@
    Kozmic Zian@ :cool: ' My father considered a walk in the woods as equivalent to churchgoing'. ALDOUS HUXLEY

Quote Originally Posted by Kozmic Zian
    Yea....Len Foote Inn. I've walked by it several times and have read their brochures. I even went up on the deck, once and looked in. Someone, working there, waved me in, so I walked in and spoke to this person. He said, he worked there. The place was beautiful, spacious and warm. Big fireplace. Looked like a great place to Kick Off a Thruy. Think I will next time I do a NOBO. You should too..........KZ@

Yep, the Len Foote Hike Inn is an absolutely wonderful way to kick off a thru- or just do a relaxing weekend in a beautiful setting!

Make reservations WELL in advance if you intend to do this before your hike!

Hacksaw

Registered Troll
    Images

Just want to add to the praise for the Hike Inn. Len Foote and his wife were very helpful during my recent section hike. Shuttled me to Newfound Gap early in the morning and came and got me from the dam when I was finished, at a moment's notice.

And I bought a jar of Picante sauce that they make themselves. Can't wait to try it with some tortilla chips.

Steve, you mean Jeff and Nancy Hoch who own the Hike Inn. The Len Foote Hike Inn is off the approach trail to Springer.

Registered Troll
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    Steve, you mean Jeff and Nancy Hoch who own the Hike Inn. The Len Foote Hike Inn is off the approach trail to Springer.
    Oh. All those Footes is confusing. ... and the left foote don't know what the right foote is doing ...

Those of you who have hiked it, can you tell me how to prepare for this hike? I used to hike many years ago but after leaving GA for south FL and now living in MS, I have just heard about the Hike Inn. We have reservations for March with some buddies of ours and I need to get myslef in shape for this. Any suggestions? The closest thing I have to me to really hike in is a state park with elevation changes. Haven't done five miles in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mississippimorning
    Those of you who have hiked it, can you tell me how to prepare for this hike? I used to hike many years ago but after leaving GA for south FL and now living in MS, I have just heard about the Hike Inn. We have reservations for March with some buddies of ours and I need to get myslef in shape for this. Any suggestions? The closest thing I have to me to really hike in is a state park with elevation changes. Haven't done five miles in a very long time.
    Grab a pack that goes on your back. Put some stuff in it. Walk around for a while. Add more stuff. Keep walking. Repeat.

Cool Change - Donating Member drsukie's Avatar
    Images

I love the Len Foote Hike Inn!

Local pals and I do the Apporach Trail off and on - the Inn itself is wonderful (and two of us are heading up there for this New Year's Eve! Guess we'll have heavier daypacks this trip - gotta carry those champagne bottles!)

It's also nice as an alternate route from the standard Apporach Trail to Springer - you can hike to the Inn, stay for awhile or overnight (w/reservations), then hike back out to the Trail the other way, and follow on the Springer OR loop back to Amicalola. Or reverse it for a longer dayhike the first day.

Enjoy!
    Sue
    "there is no price too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - R. Kipling

The Hike-in is great. It was my son's first real hiking experience when he was ten and since then we have graduated to more serious section hikes in the Smoky's, Grayson Highlands and most recently in Vermont. The Le Conte Lodge in the Smoky's is a similar idea but a little more strenuous and more remote and with kerosene lanterns rather than electricity. Le Conte requires reservations about a year in advance (October 1 and they are all gone that day.) Len Foote is not as bad but you do need to call several months in advance. Great for a first timer.

Images

I checked out their website. $150 per night for double occupancy for a room with "bunk beds, linens, lights, shelves, a sitting stool and a mirror." Pass.

Images

stayed there overnite food was great just eat all that is on your plate which is not a problem for me they dont like to see any waste nice place

Nice place. When the AT thru-hike season kicks off there aren't many folks there.

++ New Posts ++