WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Car Insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggz View Post
    I have a truck, car and motorcycle. I used to cancel the insurance on the motorcycle and car in the winter since I drove neither, about 5 years ago they started threatening to suspend my license for driving a vehicle without tags. Its a PITA, but I turn in my tags for the bike in the winter.
    I had the same experience in VA. I canceled my insurance on my motorcycle a couple of years ago over winter but didn't realize that I had to turn my tags in (I had talked to DMV about my bike being in storage for winter), and the DMV tried to get me to pay a $500 reinstatement fee since they had suspended my license for "driving a vehicle with no tags." I appealed it and had to basically go to court over the phone with DMV and convince them that it was a miscommunication between myself and the DMV, and they eventually dropped it all together.

I second the raise deductible/lower coverage while you are away and have someone drive it once in a while.

Images

I cancelled my insurance. Owned my car which wasn't very valuable and parked it in my garage. Turned in my plates to the DMV. The insurance company did mention the lapse in insurance issue. I took my chances.... I was home in less than six months and simply started a new policy with a new company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++