WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Swing with chicks

What's the consensus on two in a hammock? My girlfriend is getting jealous of mine. I was looking at Hennessy's Safari, which is rated at 350 lbs and seems plenty roomy. They say you can sleep two, but that you have to be pretty cozy.

We sleep fine with two bags zipped together, so my impression is that we could do it. Has anyone actually done it? Is it really misery? Will it break up my relationship?

How about sleeping on the diagonal, can both people still make the most of that? What other home-wreckers am I not thinking of?

Here's another home wrecker. Just try and sneak away for a discrete midnight leak- and if you get away with that, just try and get back in without making your partner very cranky. You'd probably have an easier time standing up in a canoe.

Cheers,

PKH
    Youth is wasted on the young.

Good luck...I have a feeling it would be a nightmare of catastrophic proportions.
    <A HREF="http://www.jackielbolen.blogspot.com/"TARGET="Jackie's BLOG">http://www.jackielbolen.blogspot.com/</A>

Quote Originally Posted by jackiebolen
    Good luck...I have a feeling it would be a nightmare of catastrophic proportions.
    Or did you mean "claustrophobic" proportions?
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Images

just go for it,tell us how it works lol neo

Images

not sure i could stand the smell of someone that close after a few days, no matter how clean they tried to be in the woods... but it's your nose...

She gonna be more jealous if she sees you titled this thread with "chicks", plural.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    not sure i could stand the smell of someone that close after a few days, no matter how clean they tried to be in the woods... but it's your nose...

It's not that hard to stay clean in the woods..
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

You can hang two hammocks from the same tree and be pretty comfortable.

I've slept with my youngest son in the hammock and been pretty comfy. No luck trying to talk my wife into getting into it alone, let alone with me!

Springer-->Stony Brook Road VT MedicineMan's Avatar
    Images

Default hmmmmm

1. why do you have to get out of a hammock to pee?
    2. the 'spoon' position would be awesome with two so inclined
    3. Golite used to make a 2 person Fuzz or Furr that might be found on ebay
    that would rule in a 2 person hammock, also if you've got the moneys
    Nunatak Gear makes a two person Arc type quilt that would be like hangin
    in heaven
    4. For sure let us know how this works out....i've used the hammock as a love swing but never for 2 to actually sleep in, very curious about your results
    Start out slow, then slow down.

Images

Haha, thanks for the replies.

No one's actually tried this? Seems like you all want me to be the smelly, urine-soaked guinea pig.

Seriously, I don't think I get up in the middle of the night often enough for it to be a deal-breaker.

I agree about staying reasonably clean and fresh. I'd rather not just accept that all hikers have to be dirty and reek. I can wash up at the end of every day and wash clothes every day or couple of days. Plus, she's still just an over-nighter, so I still have some time to get her hooked before I smell up a hammock.

Keep the comments coming. I still want to hear from people who've actually tried it out.

Yellow Jacket
    Images

Back at Trail Days 2003, I saw a couple napping in a HH. Not sure what size. I don't think it was the Safari though, maybe the Explorer. They actually appeared to fall asleep (the tarp was not over the hammock) for over an hour.

I certainly hope Tom got the sale.

It can be done. Don't some peoples in South America put entire families in hammocks?
    Yellow Jacket -- Words of Wisdom (tm) go here.

you can get a "six" person hammock in venezuala- but you all have to have the same bed time! I would think that a top entry would be easier to share, but... you would have to avoid any creaking sounds though- however innocent- that can be pretty freaky. Structurly it should be no problem (you've seen the big guys on hennesy's site) but pschologically it could be a bit freaky
    titanium
    just call me TH
    woman with altitude

++ New Posts ++