Default How much of the Florida Trail is open to bicycles?

Say I wanted to ride a bike the length of the Florida Trail, what would I be forced to skip? The Florida Trail Association says the trail "is intended to offer a continuous permanent non-motorized recreation opportunity for hiking and other compatible activities." Is bicycling a compatible activity? I know bikes aren't permitted in National Parks or Wilderness areas. Well, there are no NPS on the FT and the wilderness areas are small and avoidable. What about the national preserves and national forests? Is there anything else off limits?

Thanks in advance.

From what I read on trailjournals, there is a lot of road walking so I would guess there is a lot of it you could bike, but there is a lot you couldn't, like the everglads sections which is underwater and through the Ocala NF, which is a sand pit.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

While the road sections are obviously open the off road sections of the trail are not multiuse and are hiking only.

Thanks,

--louis

aka Kudzu
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by louisb View Post
    While the road sections are obviously open the off road sections of the trail are not multiuse and are hiking only.

Thanks,

--louis
    This. The Florida Trail is a footpath which has unfortunately ended up on some roads.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

++ New Posts ++