WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 4th Annual Florida Hammock Hang at Buck Lake!

Here it is! The post you have been waiting for since FH3! We are so excited, pleased and proud to announce the FH4 (FOURTH ANNUAL FLORIDA HAMMOCK HANG)!!!

Scheduled for JANUARY 17 to 21, 2014 (yes, we added one more day!), and to be held once again at The BUCK LAKE CAMPGROUND in Florida’s OCALA NATIONAL FOREST. Slap yer grandma and calm her down, mark your calendars and start your planning, tell your friends and families, line up the leave time, start staging gear in the garage, start dieting, plan different packing arrangements for the car now so you don’t have to do it last minute, and put yourselves in a general state of readiness!

We are expecting 100+ participants and with the biggest and best raffle*, the best weather* and the most (and easily the best) food*, The Florida Hammock Hang has clearly become THE don’t miss, OMG, OMG, OMG, big deal event of the HF social season*. It has drawn HF members, vendors and others from all over this great land of ours in impressive numbers and promises to keep on growing and growing. Report threads from the last three FHs are on the Forum—you can get a good handle on what the hang is like. In short, we have a great time eating at the DO epicenter of the known universe*, sharing cooking and camping techniques, examining gear, sharpening and growing our outdoor skills (and cooking skills), taking day hikes, paddling long and short kayak river trips or scooting around Buck Lake, eating, swapping tales around an endless camp fire, vying for raffle prizes, and of course, eating! The Florida Hangs are gatherings of hardcore backwoods campers and trekkers, kayakers, and car campers in and around a trail-laced campsite that enables folks to stay close to cars and toilets or push off into a secluded spot—the choice is yours. But no matter where you love to hang your rig, the Florida Hammock Hang will have something to offer. I'm not sure what the weather will be like but I promise we'll have some. So check out all the details here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=77085
    Maintainer of the Unofficial Trail GPS Map Page(Updated 3-8-16) Now updated with the Florida Trail, Lone Star Hiking Trail, Arizona Trail, and Appalachian Trail.

I hiked in on you guys a couple of years ago and although I didn't stay I could tell it's a great bunch of people. Everyone their were real friendly and willing to show off their gear. If I get a chance I may try to stop by again this year.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

++ New Posts ++