Default Trail Maintanence

A friend and I going to meet up in Orlando mid march to help shake off some of the winter blues here in North Dakota and upstate New York. He thru hiked the AT in 2012 and I like to stay active. Neither of us want to spend money on any of theme parks or more conventional activities that Orlando has to offer.

I would like to know if there is any trail maintenance groups in Ocala NF? It would be great to do some physical labor while getting to see a NF that I have never been to. If anyone could help with ideas and activities to do in the area that would be awesome!

WOW, would like to witness more folks thinking like that. Dancin banana for you.

And, you're 26? WOW. There is hope for humanity.

I'm lucky enough to be a trail worker and I've never heard of something specifically in Ocala, or in FL for that matter. More common destinations are out West, Big Bend, Montana, Northeast.. Look in USAJOBS.gov
    That is basically where us trail workers look if we want to work in a new state or just see what other gigs are out there. Do you have previous experience? Volunteers are usually welcome.

Look here on the Florida Trail website.
    http://www.floridatrail.org/calendar/

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    WOW, would like to witness more folks thinking like that. Dancin banana for you.

And, you're 26? WOW. There is hope for humanity.
    Thanks! Better than screaming children and angry adults yelling at mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeerd View Post
    I'm lucky enough to be a trail worker and I've never heard of something specifically in Ocala, or in FL for that matter. More common destinations are out West, Big Bend, Montana, Northeast.. Look in USAJOBS.gov
    That is basically where us trail workers look if we want to work in a new state or just see what other gigs are out there. Do you have previous experience? Volunteers are usually welcome.
    I have farm work experience, but my friend and I are just visiting for about a week and we are looking for something to do other than theme parks. We enjoy being outside and working so I was just seeing if there was a way to help with any trail work while down there.

Quote Originally Posted by wannahike View Post
    Look here on the Florida Trail website.
    http://www.floridatrail.org/calendar/
    Thank you!

aka Kudzu
    Images

PM me your contact info and I'll try to put you in touch with the trail coordinator for that section. And thanks for wanting to help!
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

++ New Posts ++