WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Talking Introducing myself

Hey all,
    I've been reading the forums - gathering a ton of information over the past few weeks and enjoying every minute of it. In the past I've done 7-10 mile overnighters but nothing much beyond that and nothing really in the past few years. But now I'm getting the itch to get back into it and quite a bit more often. My gear is in no possible conceivable way considered lightweight, and it won't be for quite a few years probably. I just enjoy being outdoors and hanging out with friends. My biggest fascinations so far have been the tarptents and the alcohol stoves. Also the DIY projects are awesome.

Oct. 14 we're planning a 3 day hike heading south from Davenport Gap, making a loop back. Can't wait to see Mt. Cammerer.

Thanks for all the info, maybe someday I'll be able to contribute.

-Riddick

Section Hiker, 1,040 + miles, donating member peter_pan's Avatar
    Images

Riddick...enjoy your hike and this great site.

Pan
    ounces to grams
    WWW.JACKSRBETTER.COM home of the Nest and No Sniveler underquilts and Bear Mtn Bridge Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by Riddick
    You just did. Tell us about your trip when you get back, especially what worked and didn't work with your gear and techniques. There is much to be learned from these posts and the responses they get.

Doug

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Riddick
    Hey all,
    I've been reading the forums - gathering a ton of information over the past few weeks and enjoying every minute of it. In the past I've done 7-10 mile overnighters but nothing much beyond that and nothing really in the past few years. But now I'm getting the itch to get back into it and quite a bit more often. My gear is in no possible conceivable way considered lightweight, and it won't be for quite a few years probably. I just enjoy being outdoors and hanging out with friends. My biggest fascinations so far have been the tarptents and the alcohol stoves. Also the DIY projects are awesome.

Oct. 14 we're planning a 3 day hike heading south from Davenport Gap, making a loop back. Can't wait to see Mt. Cammerer.

-Riddick
    welcome to whiteblaze riddick,you will love mount cammerer,it,s awesome
    i live in nashville,tn,my wife and i were at burgess falls near cookville this past
    sunday,happy trails to ya neo

Default Burgess Falls

Burgess falls is a great place. We used to jump in the river at the parking area then wade all the way to the big falls. Sometimes those two smaller falls got tricky and made for some fast and funny trips down. I haven't been out there in about 2 years, may need to try that in a couple of weeks now that the weather has lightened up.

Images

Welcome aboard. It can get heated and ugly, but most of us are nice guys in person! Keep hiking and let us know how its going.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

++ New Posts ++