WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2013 thru-hike summary and campaign for the AT movie

Hello, white-blazers,

I'd like to share with you the condensed version of my 2013 thru-hike: 7 months of walking packed down into 3.5 minutes of video. I hope you enjoy it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FE-BgdV-UU

This video is tied to our Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for post production of a feature film about the AT. This is an ambitious campaign with the goal of producing a professional documentary that will give a rich and engaging look into the AT. Please check out our campaign and consider supporting the film (www.maketheATmovie.com). We've got 16 days left to raise a substantial amount of money for the film, and it will take the effort and support of a lot of hikers to make this thing a success (if we don't reach our goal by January 31st then Kickstarter collects none of the pledged support and the film remains un-funded).

Thanks for checking this work out. If you'd like to see more stories from my hike, there is a series of free videos available online at www.theATmovie.com

Sunshine and I are off to Harper's Ferry to continue filming interviews and to gather archival photography that will tell the historical story of the film. Thanks for considering supporting this project. We hope you're able to get out on the trail this weekend!

- Frost (Chris Gallaway)

So what is the Difference between this and anything else that's out their about the AT, If you want me and other people to donate you are going to have to do a better job at convincing us that this is something worthwild, and not just another AT documentary? You know their is like a million videos on youtube about the AT, Sorry but that is the way i feel about it. RED-DOG

You should check out the vids on his website. The quality is far superior to most videos about the AT. I really enjoyed following his thru hike and am glad he will be doing this.

Great video! Great song!

Journal Entries

Nicely done and congrats on your thru......have to agree tho I'm not really sure why we need more and more documentaries or what is vastly different from others - imo

Well at least the "teaser" vid is well done, good editing.

What happens in CT stays in CT.

Images

There are already too many movies ,videos and documentarys about the AT.

Journal Entries

There are a lot of vids about the AT but...I still enjoyed this one and the music in the background. Good Luck. Everyone feels that their hike is special and it is. Hiking the trails wherever they may be instills in each of us, something unique for that individual. Ask someone what the Appalachian Trail means to them and each reply will likely be just as different as there are people that hike it or live in it. I grew up there in those hills and it means something special for me. It's like painting such as watercolor or oil. Each person will see the same scene differently and interpret it differently on the canvas. I don't think there are too many videos of the AT. Just my opinion and good luck with your endeavor.

Images

On those wet winter days a session on the treadmill is made alot easier with an AT video playing.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

i met Frost and Sunshine in Virginia. They won me over with some cold trailmagic! Video looks awesome!

Great job guys. Have been enjoying your "Seasons" for a while now, good to see more activity. Congrats on your finish, and my regards for all of the loss and sadness you were dealt there near the end. Big ups!
    "eastern rain is made of skittles and one need only pack an appetite." - mweinstone

I hope this works out for you guys! What winger said....^ You got talent!

Poedog... you've been MIA for far too long!

++ New Posts ++