WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

-

Default Fuel tablet users

the generics I was getting from gander mtn are no longer available, so I ordered the coghlan fuel tablets (pack of 24 equates to 8 esbit) from the strange named lowest priced place on a google search: ManVentureOutpost.com

shipping was fast and well packed, slightly
    expensive - I give this source a 9.5 out of 10
    this looks like the best place/ deal going for fuel tablets at 10 cent per meal shipped vs over 50 cents for esbit

Thanks for the info. Are you satisfied with these other fuel tabs? I have heard negative things about the burn quality, vile odor (not that Esbit smells like lilacs) and questionable content of some cheap Chinese-made tabs, and some non-Esbit fuel tabs I had years ago did not work nearly as well as Esbits, but if they have improved I am eager to try them.

Journal Entries
    Images

Interesting find George. Thanks. It appears they are still Esbit and the site says better than the knockoffs. ( not sure why a lot here is from China )

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/sea...+esbit&x=0&y=0
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

We bought a fairly large quantity of esbit
    tablets. It takes about 1.5 tablets to boil water. The smell stinks. We don't use them for multi day hikes. We use our alcohol stove for real hiking. We just use them for short hikes....but even then I prefer to use our zip stove.

I have an Army surplus near my house which has the stove and fuel tablets. If anyone is interested, I can go by there and see what they get. These are Military surplus.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

I found the Coghlans emergency stove which came with 12 of these tabs for $3 on clearance. I use the tabs for quick, easy fire starters. The stove is functional, but not my cup o' tea. Too slow for my impatient appetite.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++