WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Austin 2014 View Post
    I just told my boss my last day of work will be February 28. I hit the approach trail on March 22. It's officially official! Woo hoo! Good luck to all of you quitting your jobs in the coming weeks. It's scary but feels so liberating once it's done!
    My last day at work is on the 7th. I'm hitting the trail, hopefully by the 24th of February. I'm a slow hiker, so maybe we'll see each other. Best of luck to you.

Son Driven
    Journal Entries

Congrats perhaps our paths will cross.

Another 2014 AT thru-hiker taking significant specific steps towards embarking on and completing their thru-hikes. Have a great journey Austin.

Being motivated by this post and other things lining up as perfect timing, I handed in my resignation today also... I'll be out there sometime during the last week of March.

Submitted my resignation today. March 25th is my last day. Will see you all out there!

Images

I think that a thru hike on the AT is a BIG resume builder from my view, albeit biased

GO CRUSH IT...........plus its really hot in Austin, go out and enjoy some change of seasons.

Journal Entries
    Images

I just told my boss my last day of work will be February 28. I hit the approach trail on March 22. It's officially official! Woo hoo! Good luck to all of you quitting your jobs in the coming weeks. It's scary but feels so liberating once it's done!
    Congratz & Happy Trails!!!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

My resignation goes in 2/24 for an end date of 3/7. After 12 years of IT work, countless years of being woken up out of bed...its over. Retired. I've already donated virtually everything, am edging toward selling literally everything else, and living in a hammock until a new era dawns on me.

See you all out there!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fins1838 View Post
    28 years with the same company & was hoping to retire in 5 years (I'll be 60). Was hoping to attempt a thru hike then. But the wife springs on me that her parents will be moving in with us this year so that means at least another 10 years of working. I don't think its gonna happen. Sure wish I knew about the AT 29 years ago.

Get your boots on and get out there! They have managed so far, hopefully they can manage a few more months so you can live your dream! Maybe you just don't want it bad enough....no disrespect meant, just believe people should live their dreams. Good luck with it!

Stacey,
    Good for you. There is power in your dream, and it can define your future. I wish you all the best! I start 2 days behind you, so I will be reading your log entries all the way to Maine!

Woo Woo!!! That's awesome. I told my job I was going to quit right around this time...and it was AWESOME. If you are serious about doing the trail, you'll love it. Just keep on pushing. Every day is amazing.

You'll be out there a couple weeks ahead of me, so I doubt we'll cross paths, but I wish you the best.

Just gave my notice in yesterday - last day of work on March 7 - leave for Georgia on March 21 -

Holy Crap - it's happening!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dudeijuststarted View Post
    My resignation goes in 2/24 for an end date of 3/7. After 12 years of IT work, countless years of being woken up out of bed...its over. Retired. I've already donated virtually everything, am edging toward selling literally everything else, and living in a hammock until a new era dawns on me.

See you all out there!
    today I retired . 21 years I did my time. in my forties, still, and gonna try to do this thing while I can. I still have a month of part time consultation., but I leave for springer in April. today was my last more than 3 hour day, maybe ever . gonna feel weird.
    we will see you out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Quote Originally Posted by takethisbread View Post
    today I retired . 21 years I did my time. in my forties, still, and gonna try to do this thing while I can. I still have a month of part time consultation., but I leave for springer in April. today was my last more than 3 hour day, maybe ever . gonna feel weird.
    we will see you out there

Digger,
    Congrats on joining us Old Folks ...but I don't see you as a retiree ..maybe more of an inmate
    at the Doyle .....good luck on the trail
    "the legs feed the wolf gentlemen, the legs feed the wolf" from the movie "Miracle"

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TEXMAN View Post
    Digger,
    Congrats on joining us Old Folks ...but I don't see you as a retiree ..maybe more of an inmate
    at the Doyle .....good luck on the trail
    thanks friend. this time I have the time to make it. and leaving in April increases my chances. I hope to see u out there, if you have that place in Maine still, love to swing by

YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

I agree, quitting my job and training for this hike is liberating. I start my hike March 1

I agree, quitting my job and training for this hike is liberating. I start my hike March 1. Fun times ahead for us.

Images

I too am envious of both your freedom and panache.

Hike well. Take your time. Enjoy every step.

My bosses didn't know about my plans, but I gave them four weeks notice so that we could start interviewing for my position and hopefully make a smooth transition.
    Good luck on your hike!
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++