I'm set on buying a Zpacks quilt. Considering the cost investment I've spent at least 2 months being indecisive about what customisations to choose. I need to order it asap - I need it by Feb 28. I'm also having it delivered to a relative's house in the states (I live in Ontario) so returning it is expensive to say the least [I believe it's also within 30 days, so time is tight]. For reference, I am 5'3"=63", ~120lbs, women. Here are my thoughts so far:

- Medium length, Joe says it's ~72", which would cover my ears. The short (~67") may be sufficient, but I'm not confident. I have been sleeping in a cooler room to examine my sleeping habits, and I generally pull the blanket up to my jawline/earlobes (but I think I typically also pull my feet up slightly when I do that).

- Draft Tube: I am typically fairly good about keeping the zipper stationary when I sleep, but I plan on mostly sleeping in a hammock from now on and don't know whether my hammock sleeping habits will be the same. Currently there's a bag on sale that has 20$ off and comes with a draft tube, so the tube is essentially free. If I get this bag, how difficult would it be to remove the draft tube at a later date?

- Temperature: I'm really confused on this mark. For the longest time I was seriously considering buying a 20° now, and getting a 40° at a later date so I can double layer them to cover the entire temperature range of Northern Ontario. Recently I realised that I don't mind sleeping in my clothes/jacket, and that way I wouldn't have to change and expose myself to the cold. However, if I take this to the extreme, I could just get a 40° and just always wear my clothes. On the other hand, the weight difference between a 10° and 20° is almost negligible, and that way I might be able to avoid carrying around another quilt half of the time to double layer.

- Wide Width 61". My current sleeping bag (synthetic) is ~60" stretched out. In the past I have managed to fit a big down sleeping bag inside that and wear a coat as well. There wasn't much wiggle room, but it was really cold so I fell asleep quickly. I think a wide may be best, because then I can layer it inside my current sleeping bag, and if I get a 40° at a later date, I can get a regular width and fit it inside. I'm also worried that if I wear a bulky jacket inside a regular, I may not be comfortable (esp. 20 years from now - This is a serious life investment). On the other hand, a regular width saves weight, and considering that I want to sleep in my hammock a lot of the time, it may be sufficient. However I don't have an underquilt yet, and just from sleeping in my down jackets in my hammock, I have found that even compressed down is better than nothing. I don't know when I'll be able to invest in an underquilt. (I will be using pads in the mean time)