WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Titanium cup/pot

Dumb question but here goes
    I have been using a pocket rocket stove and stainless steel cup/pot to cook with while section hiking
    i was looking at the titanium cups/pots and just wondered if they work well with the pocketbrocket stove or would i need to pick up a different type of heating source
    Thanks

They will work just the same as what you have, no practical difference.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

I've used the MSR PocketRocket and the Snow Peak LiteMax with my titanium pots and haven't noticed any difference. (Before that, I used stainless steel with a white-gas stove).

However, I moved away from the PocketRocket because of how unstable it left the pot. I now favor the LiteMax because it packs down so much smaller than the PocketRocket, and the pot stand seems flatter and more stable than the PocketRocket. I can't fully understand the stability issue, because the LiteMax holds the pot just as high as the PocketRocket, and the pot supports are just as wide. The only difference between them is that the LiteMax "arms" fold out flat to give you a platform to sit the pot on, while the PocketRocket leaves you with three tiny points to sit the pot on.

Images

I recommend switching to an Imusa 10cm mug. Much more efficient to use aluminum for faster heat transfer which equates to less fuel used. Always use a windscreen.

But always remember this... all the cool kids carry titanium pots/cups. Don't get me started about Cuben.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by daddytwosticks View Post
    But always remember this... all the cool kids carry titanium pots/cups. Don't get me started about Cuben.
    Tell us about your Cuben pot stuff sacks that you have for your Ti cup/pot

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

I have a Tyvek stuff sack for my stainless steel pot and plastic cup. Now I feel inferior....

I always carry a bit of hardware cloth to go with my penny stove and my alcohol stove that Zelph gave me. If I need some extra support for my pot with the pocket rocket I can always use that. In practice though, I haven't had a problem with tipping my pot on the PR. I've done that 2 or 3 times in the campfire though. Doh!
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Always use a windscreen.
    We're talking about canister stoves here. You've got to know what you're doing when using a windscreen because of the potential for the canister to explode. This is why the instruction manual for stoves such as the PocketRocket specifically warn to "NEVER USE WINDSCREEN".
    (See rectangle #4 in the PocketRocket Instruction Manual).

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    We're talking about canister stoves here. You've got to know what you're doing when using a windscreen because of the potential for the canister to explode. This is why the instruction manual for stoves such as the PocketRocket specifically warn to "NEVER USE WINDSCREEN".
    (See rectangle #4 in the PocketRocket Instruction Manual).
    Windscreens come in many different sizes and shapes. Use one that is 10" high on one side of your stove to block the wind. Use your backpack as a screen coupled with your body....use your imagination.

But, I suggest you do as the instruction manual says. Disregard what I said. sorry!!!

Images

I have the titan kettle which i sometimes use with a pr. the pr and a small canister will fit inside the titan kettle .

Journal Entries

I traded a old pack for a titanium cookset. I traded a ula circuit for a vargo firebox grill and titanium bottle. I'm not sure about the grill, but I def plan on taking the bottle on a thru. the pack I never used anyway. titanium bottle is a dual use item

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

++ New Posts ++