WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Resupply options?

What resupply options are along the way? I'm specifically looking for options in Massachusetts (or even in New Hampshire since I plan to do the M&M up to Mount Monadnock). Looking for places such as gas stations, grocery stores, even a motel for a shower.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joker4ink View Post
    What resupply options are along the way? I'm specifically looking for options in Massachusetts (or even in New Hampshire since I plan to do the M&M up to Mount Monadnock). Looking for places such as gas stations, grocery stores, even a motel for a shower.
    Hi Joker:

There's the Log Cabin at Mass Rt 141 just south of Mt. Tom on the Holyoke/Easthampton line. Not sure what they offer to hikers - it's a big banquet/meeting hall. May have rooms. Northampton, Amherst and Holyoke are pretty close to the NET, a quick hitch or maybe a bus ride. The Trail goes through Westfield, which is pretty well-developed.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

There is a shopping plaza about a mile west of where the trail crosses 202. It has a convenience store and pizza place that I really like. The entrance to Hampden Ponds State park is across the street, and while I don't think they allow camping or have showers, there are bathrooms and a beach. East, which is actually north on 202, there is another shopping plaza with a couple convenience stores, a bank and a couple restaurants but it's a longer walk on a road that isn't great for walking.

++ New Posts ++