Default Where could I park truck for two week ocala hike?

Hey there was looking for a spot to park my truck starting this weekend for a two week hike starting from ocala going through north east florida about 200 miles. Any suggestions?

From Florida trail web site;

The shuttle services that have operated in the past in the Ocala National Forest are now defunct. Some hikers have had luck with Ocklawaha Canoe Outpost (352-236-4606) when they aren’t busy shuttling paddlers.

This might be an option; park at the canoe outpost and have them drop you off.

I'm thinking about driving up next week and spending a few days in the park. I'm interested in your plan such the general route, resupply points, water, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by bigfeesh View Post
    Hey there was looking for a spot to park my truck starting this weekend for a two week hike starting from ocala going through north east florida about 200 miles. Any suggestions?
    I will be hiking thru Ocala NF starting the middle of next week. I will park and leave my vehicle at the Rodman Campground (not free) near the north end of the Ocala NF. My wife and her sister will give me a ride south to Clearwater CG. With gas, food and probably a motel it will cost me more than if I could find and pay for a shuttle.

last February I left my car at Clearwater Lake campground for a hike thru Ocala NF on the Fla Trail. got a shuttle ride up to Buckman Lock and hiked south thru ONF

Thanks for the info guys, I got some calls to make tomorrow. My plan is to hitch back to my truck but who knows maybe it will be worth hiking twice.

Tried ONF waaayyy back when and got rained out. A constant set of fronts caught us in progress and wouldn't (and didn't) let up while we had vacation time scheduled. Always wanted to go back. Have an opportunity coming up this year. Will you post details how you made out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

I left my car at Clearwater campground last March for a week.
    I thought it was well secured and safe.

++ New Posts ++