WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Granite Gear Crown VC 60 main body volume

While comparing packs I was looking for the main body volume of the crown vc 60 such as the volume breakdowns on Gossamer Gear and ULA packs. So emailed Granite Gear and this is the reply. Hope it helps.

Thank you for inquiring about the Crown VC 60. The main body volume is 60 L and I have included below how we measure capacity.

How Granite Gear Measures Backpack Capacity
    Granite Gear measures pack capacity using a method approved by the American Standard for Testing and Materials (ASTM). Most manufacturers in the outdoor industry use this protocol. Small plastic balls (the diameter is about that of a dime) are loaded into the pack until it is full. Then the balls are dumped out into a calibrated drum and we have the volume of the pack.

The packs are filled up to the top of body, but the expansion collar at the top of the pack is not included in the measurement. Open pockets, such as the side pockets we put on several pack models, are also not included. Any pockets or compartments closed by zippers, like those that can be found in the lids of our packs, are counted in the capacity figures.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you for your interest in Granite Gear!

Linda Wichlacz
    Granite Gear
    Customer Service
    2312 Tenth Street
    Two Harbors, MN 55616
    218-834-6157 ext.12
    New: 866-889-4985 fax

now you know and knowing is half the battle

It's amazing how much gear you can put in the stretch pocket on the back. I carry my tent, rain gear, tent ground cloth and a ground cloth used for eating, and ofter other items as well in it. This was one purchase I have not regretted.

++ New Posts ++