WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What everyone has been waiting for?

19 from Germany. There must have been a TV special or something a couple years ago.

not exact count, looked like 300+ names on the list

Plenty of the usual suspects. 1 Frodo. 2 rainbows. 3 gators (none from Florida). 4 wolfs. 5 goats. 7 bears.

A one poor guy who earned the title of Fart Master.

I don't think this is a complete list.....a certain 5 yr old is missing!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    I don't think this is a complete list.....a certain 5 yr old is missing!
    No worries.. he may be on the Class of 2014 list, since he finished in 2014.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

I wonder how many hikers don't bother sending in the paperwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    I wonder how many hikers don't bother sending in the paperwork?
    A lot of hikers don't send in the paper work because to them it's personal achievement thats all that counts not some piece of paper telling them what they did or a patch they know what they did and thats good enough, This list contains maybe 3/4 of the people that actually finished the trail. Heck it took me 2 years to apply after my 06 thru, and about 2 months after my 2012 thru, and i still haven't applied for my 96 Flip-Flop.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    A lot of hikers don't send in the paper work because to them it's personal achievement thats all that counts not some piece of paper telling them what they did or a patch they know what they did and thats good enough, This list contains maybe 3/4 of the people that actually finished the trail. Heck it took me 2 years to apply after my 06 thru, and about 2 months after my 2012 thru, and i still haven't applied for my 96 Flip-Flop.
    I agree with this ^^ ...

If I completed a thru-hike I would think it would be nice to have it acknowledged officially, although not necessary at all. It really is a personal achievement & a hike that is so personal, in many ways.

I loved to see all the names on the list that I admire so much! Class of 2013 rocks!

Images

i only followed chinmusic and sparktofire, but glad others made it. congrads
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

I noticed Steven Katz is on there....any connection to Bryson's buddy?

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    Yea, wondered about that. I never "officially" documented my 2nd LT hike or my ADK46... I know I did it, don't need a paper. I'm sure many really want the paper for memories, though.

Wonder if Smiley Virgin still is.

Images

I never filled out paperwork, but im a 2000mi although lists like this never got hyped 10yrs ago. I also felt that 10yrs ago a certain animosity due to the many "A walk in the woods" hikers everyone was under scrutiny of real hiker or not.

I never filled it out since I could care less the miles of said "2000miler" certificate means, sure the miles were hiked but the moments in the company of fellow hikers, hostel owners like Bob Peoples in TN and Honey and Bear in Andover. The brook or vista where your Soul fill meter went ((ding)) Thank You! Honorable mention going to that burger and Beer at any crossroad or town stop to complete those Miles!

The AT is so much more then a piece of paper, you wouldn't carry certificate while hiking so why carry in civilization? It's just not overly important at the time I felt time to fill out the paper work... screw it thats like homework and I already got a 95% grade during recess Good enough for me.

HM, thanks for posting this. I have been a member of ATC for quite a few years and have used their webpage mostly for shuttle info. I didn't look at the 2000 miler page. I have thought about some of the thruhikers I met during my section hikes and wondered if they made it the whole way. Now, I will know if they send in their paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by praha4 View Post
    not exact count, looked like 300+ names on the list
    1 australia
    2 austria
    1 belgium
    7 canada
    5 england
    1 france
    19 germany
    1 great britain
    1 guatemala
    1 holland
    1 ireland
    1 japan
    1 new zealand
    1 spain
    1 switzerland
    1 united kingdom
    763 united states

808 so far on the atc list.

Rolls
    Rolls down the hill, Kanardly hike up the other hill
    May all your hikes have clear skies, fair winds and no rocks under your pad.

If anyone has an email address for Chapinlara, please pm me so I can congratulate him. Met him at Dutch Haus last spring and had some great conversations.

Journal Entries

Would be interesting to know over the years what avg % of hikers don't bother with the paperwork. I know I personally met 2 from Germany and 2 from Austria that are not on this list.

Hey, I'm on that list! Sweet! Mostly I filled out the paperwork so that the ATC would have more accurate statistics, though. Also, nice to see the real names of people who I only knew the trail names of. Makes them easier to find online after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by notabear13 View Post
    Hey, I'm on that list! Sweet! Mostly I filled out the paperwork so that the ATC would have more accurate statistics, though. Also, nice to see the real names of people who I only knew the trail names of. Makes them easier to find online after the fact.
    SWEET!!!! I liked seeing the names of hikers I met randomly this year. Congrats Notabear13!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++