WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 5th Edition Data Book for 2014 Hike

Hey...first post for me. I read this forum and really appreciate all of the advice I've found here.

Will the Data Book be updated to a 6th edition for 2014 or is the 5th edition the current version?

Thanks in advance

Appears to me that they are on the 36th edition. But, I would just buy 2014 version of the A.T. Guide.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Quote Originally Posted by mtngoat01 View Post
    Hey...first post for me. I read this forum and really appreciate all of the advice I've found here.

Will the Data Book be updated to a 6th edition for 2014 or is the 5th edition the current version?

Thanks in advance
    I have the 5th edition of the CT data book which was published last year and it includes the collegiate west option. I'm planning to take it on my hike this year. I know that the Collegiate West has had major reroutes new for 2014... But I'm not sure if the data book will be updated.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

CT Databook 5 will not get revised to be ready for 2014 trail season. The CT Map Books, both the end-to-end CT Map Book and the Collegiate Loop Map book, will get revised and will hopefully be available soon, like maybe mid March. As RN indicated, the Collegiate West is getting a major reroute in 2014, a nice enhancement to eliminate roads and motorcycle trail, so the new Map Books will be a help to Collegiate West hikers.

Sorry OP, was very early morning and I thought I was in AT thread. Ignore my post as you probably have already realized.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

For those of us with the 2013 map book, it would be very helpful if just the Collegiate West updated maps are offered.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

@On Track thanks for the info... I'll pick up the 5th edition.

@lonehiker No problem. I thought that was likely the case :-)

thanks everybody for your input.. happy hiking!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Images

Also, get Erick the Blacks guide - it's much better than the CTF data book. The Latitude 40 map for the collegiate west section has all the new trails on it, and i'ts a fantastic map.

thanks I'll check that one out too.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartFire View Post
    Also, get Erick the Blacks guide - it's much better than the CTF data book. The Latitude 40 map for the collegiate west section has all the new trails on it, and i'ts a fantastic map.
    I agree about Lat 40, but neither of those includes the new 30 miles of the Collegiate West that is opening this year. The Mapbooks will be the only sources for that until new data books are created. The Mapbooks will be available in about two weeks on the Colorado Trail store.

@Jerry:

For those of us who just purchased the 2013 Collegiate Peaks Loop Mapbook, will there be up-dated pages available or will we have to buy another complete book?

As far as I know, there is no plan currently to produce anything other than the revised Mapbook. This is up to the CTF, of course, so that is not for certain.

++ New Posts ++