WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: road crossing

Default road crossing

Pardon my question. I dont have my book yet. What is the first road crossing that a car can get to going nobo from springer ?
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!

Fs 42...........

USFS 42 at .9mi.....then Three Forks at 4.3 miles....then Hightower Gap at 8+ miles
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

FS 42. Leave your gear in the car. Walk up Springer .9 sign in take pictures, go back to car and get gear and walk to Maine.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

dont leave your at 42 for the time length of a thru hike. and i only say this in case you don't know, FS stands for forestry service, its an improved gravel road. no need for 4x4 but i wouldn't do it in a bmw

Would be nice. We would like to do approch trail. And a short leg of the AT. Just have the weekend for now. More later. I would like to be in shape to do a tru in 2015. But work says i can do a weekend now. Just have to get a ride back to start point.

Nothing wrong with an out and back. You may be surprised at how much a 16 mile shuttle will cost.

My at guide book is on the way. I guess im just jumping the gun some. I just cant wait to get there. My be an out and back i dont know yet.

I ran a Honda civic all over the FS roads in GA including FS 42 a week after a hurricane, the roads were fine but there were a few trees that partially blocked the roads. Lot to be said for doing a key swap with someone.

Woody Gap just east of Suches, Georgia. Much easier to get to by car.

++ New Posts ++