WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Are Gossamer Gear Packs Too Long?

I ordered a medium GG Gorilla pack based on the website specs but its way too long for my torso, easily by two inches or more. I'm not even sure if a small would fit me properly. Has anyone else experienced this with GG packs?

My GG Gorilla fits like a glove. If you measured yourself correctly and their sizing is incorrect, talk to them. I'm certain they'd exchange your pack for you if it was their error. They might do it anyways even if you measured wrong. Love the pack, don't give up on GG.

Springer to Elk Park, NC/Andover to Katahdin
    Images

I own three GG packs and they all fit perfectly and my old GG Mariposa Plus fit great also. I love the packs and I love the company.
    I am not young enough to know everything.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I have a Gorilla for warm weather trips and it fits very well.

I keep hoping I'll find a pack that doesn't cause soreness after carrying it all day and so far, no luck.

yes, I think it's a great pack and would be perfect for me if I drop down a size. I've also heard from a few people (including a 2013 PCT thru-hiker) that the pack ran large on them even though they went by GG size chart.

KC , I did email GG several days ago about making an exchange but they never responded. I was sort of surprised by that. I may try calling.

It may just take longer for them to respond...I'm not bashing the company, but I've had some really poor experiences with them, as well as hearing of others' experiences. Personally, I deal with it, 'cause I love their gear. I see you've posted the pack for sale here, that may be the best route to go, but you may lose out on some money.

Yep I'm going to sell and lose a few bucks if they dont get back to me soon.

Default too long

Yes the packs are too long.. Even a small is too big for an average height North American woman. Customer service is abysmal as well. I hope you can get a good price for your pack.

Images

Perfect time to buy the materials and make your own. Then you can be sure to get the exact fit you are looking for
    I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

++ New Posts ++