WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Dutch Haus B&B closed for 2014

I just visited the website for the Dutch Haus in Montebello, VA and noticed it says the B&B is closed for 2014. Do the 2014 Trail Guides show this fact? Am I posting something that's already widely known? If so, feel free to delete this posting.

Images

News to me and sorry to hear. One of the very best hostels I've ever stayed at. I hope it's only a temporary closing.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Great place. Definitely Top Ten places on the AT. Maybe they're doing a thru-hike?
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Joe View Post
    I just visited the website for the Dutch Haus in Montebello, VA and noticed it says the B&B is closed for 2014. Do the 2014 Trail Guides show this fact? Am I posting something that's already widely known? If so, feel free to delete this posting.
    The Companion has the closure. Dutch Haus B&B owners Earl and Lois Arnold will be hiking in 2014

Great place. I told my buddy Comet Omega that he needed to stop there on his thru-hike this year. Guess that's not going to happen now.

I had a really nice stay there last spring. Earl and Lois really go out of their way to make hikers feel at home. This is a well-deserved rest for them, and I hope they enjoy their hike, wherever it might be.

I too was hopeing to stop by there again this year. Oh well, maybe next time if pass through there again someday...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries
    Images

I stayed there too during my 2011 thru. It was a great place with a downhome family atmosphere. A nice spot to kickback and rest up. I would hope it would reopen. Only bad thing was the long walk down the dirt road off trail past the fish hatchery.

Earl and Lois-If you are reading this please think of me when you are in Maine. Your hospitality when I was there was top notch and I want to return the favor. If you need anything in Maine let me know. I can hook you up with folks who shuttle or I will pick you up and bring you to my place here on the lake. I will even do your laundry and prepare a lobster bake, all you can eat. I will never forget how gracious you were when I was there and anything I can do up here to help your hike will be my pleasure. Doc

Images

Awesome place to stay! The A.T. Guide does acknowledge the closure. I was so looking forward to staying there on my way thru. Are they hiking the A.T.?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    The Companion has the closure. Dutch Haus B&B owners Earl and Lois Arnold will be hiking in 2014

anyone have a picture of the folks?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Stayed there during 2009 SOBO thru hike. Fantastic and definitely one of the top two or three stops along the way.

Virginia was very good to me ... Dutch Haus, Bear's Den, Rambunny's place at Atkins, friend's house in Lexington, waysides and restaurants in SNP, Wood's Hole.

No hunger in VA. Kept me from being even more emaciated than I was when I reached Springer.
    Last edited by wcgornto; 06-08-2014 at 15:11.

++ New Posts ++