WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra2015 View Post
    Just about everyone here is so nice and welcoming and helpful. ^_^

... Don't get too friendly... I dunno what you hippy types intend with me. O.o
    Careful! I went from a fine, upstanding member of society on the fast track to an unabashed hippie . And all it took was 6 months.

Come on for the ride! It's fun!
    Merry 2012 AT blog
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

Images

First, don't ever, ever call me a hippy . Second I would let my daughter hike the trail solo if she wanted to. Then again I let her go to college out of state, so maybe I'm not the guy to listen to. Oh and I meant it about the hippy thing

And Hiker Mom, can't you keep your adopted daughter here under control..

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post
    Yup!!!! It works the other way as well. I heard about such a girl from OZ, IM and Violet, last year.
    I'm waiting to see who asks for her name and phone number first.

Quote Originally Posted by bfayer View Post
    First, don't ever, ever call me a hippy . Second I would let my daughter hike the trail solo if she wanted to. Then again I let her go to college out of state, so maybe I'm not the guy to listen to. Oh and I meant it about the hippy thing

Ha ha... sorry bfayer, can't do it. She's a free spirit but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    I'm waiting to see who asks for her name and phone number first.
    I hear ya... fortunately I can't remember her trail name! Yipee!! Nothing new under the

Quote Originally Posted by Meriadoc View Post
    Careful! I went from a fine, upstanding member of society on the fast track to an unabashed hippie . And all it took was 6 months.

Come on for the ride! It's fun!
    Noooo thank you, I was born a hippy. I've missed several years of school and spent half my childhood barefoot.

My parents named me "Sierra Stone." After the mountain. Sigh. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by bfayer View Post

Too clean of a comparison?

I know bfayer.

Sierra -- some people along the trail offer "trail magic" to hikers in the form of their own wives or gf. It's true.
    I've never seen anything close to this, don't doubt it may happen, but I hope you guys aren't making a noobie believe there's a bunch of wierdos lining the trail.

Noooo thank you, I was born a hippy. I've missed several years of school and spent half my childhood barefoot.

My parents named me "Sierra Stone." After the mountain. Sigh. Haha
    Lucky you . If I ever have kids, I intend to inflict similar things upon them . Life's worth living!
    Merry 2012 AT blog
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

Quote Originally Posted by Meriadoc View Post
    Lucky you . If I ever have kids, I intend to inflict similar things upon them . Life's worth living!
    Just don't do what my mom did and call the animals my "brothers and sisters."

"Sierra! Go get your sister!"
    "Mom. She's a damn horse."

I've never seen anything close to this, don't doubt it may happen, but I hope you guys aren't making a noobie believe there's a bunch of wierdos lining the trail.
    Was it on Facebook?
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Just don't do what my mom did and call the animals my "brothers and sisters."

"Sierra! Go get your sister!"
    "Mom. She's a damn horse."
    Sounds like a good place to have grown up.

Yes, I've heard about it from more than one person. It's not common,thankfully! Or at least I hope not. I wouldn't know actually.
    Moms know everything!

Sounds like a good place to have grown up.
    It was definitely interesting! I was born at home (before that was a thing), my dad was the midwife, I didn't have a birth certificate until I was a teenager, my brother once broke my arm and my dad set it, I never saw a doctor... ever, I've never (seriously never) seen my mother cook a single meal.

Oh, and so much more! Haha.

Read The Glass Castle.

So if you ever wonder why I'm so strange....

Images

(Pssst. She's falling for it folks.)

There will be a hippie pagan vernal equinox celebration where you will be indoctrinated into the the cov--society. Then we will turn you into a unicorn. In the forest. We promise. Unless we screw up the spell again and get another toad.

So if you ever wonder why I'm so strange....
    Okay, we here at WB definitely know strange. You aren't half as strange as some of us here. You are coming along nicely however.

Journal Entries
    Images

Sierra -- some people along the trail offer "trail magic" to hikers in the form of their own wives or gf. It's true.
    No! You're seriously lying!

Really??? Are these hippy people or something?
    Sierra, Don't believe everything you hear.

There was a post where this hiker recounted how he was offered three different kraft beers-- because his hosts wanted to make sure he was happy-- handed a pizza by his hosts kid, and then gifted the hosts wife in the middle of the night. This was all set up by a local outfitter, who made a practice of doing so for people with the right looks.

The same individual the spoke of another 1/2 hour encounter with a yoga instructed with magical eyes up the trail some.

All in VT, of course.

i mean really. Do you think a Trail Angel would ever have offered a hiker 3 different kinds of Kraft beer?

Journal Entries

I know bfayer.

I had a free but really unwanted 'topless' show as some guy's wife/gf apparently lost a bet with him - looking back I'm glad she was the one to lose the bet

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Sierra, Don't believe everything you hear.

There was a post where this hiker recounted how he was offered three different kraft beers-- because his hosts wanted to make sure he was happy-- handed a pizza by his hosts kid, and then gifted the hosts wife in the middle of the night. This was all set up by a local outfitter, who made a practice of doing so for people with the right looks.

The same individual the spoke of another 1/2 hour encounter with a yoga instructed with magical eyes up the trail some.

All in VT, of course.

i mean really. Do you think a Trail Angel would ever have offered a hiker 3 different kinds of Kraft beer?
    Really? Why don't you ask Winged Monkey about this, he acts like this is the norm for trail angel behavior. Lone Wolf thinks there is always cookies involved.

I believe it happens. I've heard others talk about hikers being targeted, with similar crap. Datto talked about that on a thread not long ago.
    Like everything else that happens on the trail, you may have to deal with it or not. It's kind of like seeing a bear. Many hikers don't ever see one while others see them everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    I had a free but really unwanted 'topless' show as some guy's wife/gf apparently lost a bet with him - looking back I'm glad she was the one to lose the bet
    Whoa... What state did that happen in? rickb might want to know... lol. Don't say VT.. say it isn't so...

Why don't you ask Winged Monkey about this, he acts like this is the norm for trail angel behavior. Lone Wolf thinks there is always cookies involved.
    yes. always cookies

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++