WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User FooFooCuddlyPoops's Avatar
    Images

Default Ran Into A Mooch on the trail; now in waynsboro, va.

Hey guys,

I, unfortunately, ran into a mooch at trail days. His name is Tony lee, trail name is- Drago. He hikes with a heeler type of dog. From what he keeps telling people, he has hiked southbound from Katahdin in October. (Complete bull****). He had his pack "stollen". And, he is a proclaimed know it all.

I believe he stole a sit pad from a guy named Moonshine at trail days. I am so sorry for that! I have no idea what else he had stolen from people. His dog is underweight.

When we were sitting at the mt rogers outfitters waiting for them to open, he started to get hostile with a pair of thru-hikers in front of us. They were talking about pack weight and stuff that average research would tell you. He was getting hostile saying that it wasn't necessary. He was saying, "I've been hiking for so and so many years. I hate when people think they know it alls"

I gave him a ride to Waynesboro. Without saying thanks, he made me buy him a dinner at the sushi buffet. I honestly did not have the money for that ****.

https://www.facebook.com/rugglestony...rofile_browser

So sorry for everyone he got hostile with while hanging out with me. It put me in an extremely awkward position.

Sorry you had this experience. Hikers tend to be friendly, helpful people, and can be easy prey for sociopaths. Thanks for the warning.

Your facebook link doesn't work. Thanks for posting that photo!

He can't be all that bad if he can keep his eyes focused on her face. Tremendous self-control.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    He can't be all that bad if he can keep his eyes focused on her face. Tremendous self-control.
    Can we have more pictures of the girl?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    Can we have more pictures of the girl?
    No, please. I'm already in a healthy relationship with a significant . . . . uh . . . . udder. I mean significant other.

I just lost my lunch, but it was worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by FooFooCuddlyPoops View Post
    Hey guys,

I, unfortunately, ran into a mooch at trail days. His name is Tony lee, trail name is- Drago. He hikes with a heeler type of dog. From what he keeps telling people, he has hiked southbound from Katahdin in October. (Complete bull****). He had his pack "stollen". And, he is a proclaimed know it all.

I believe he stole a sit pad from a guy named Moonshine at trail days. I am so sorry for that! I have no idea what else he had stolen from people. His dog is underweight.

When we were sitting at the mt rogers outfitters waiting for them to open, he started to get hostile with a pair of thru-hikers in front of us. They were talking about pack weight and stuff that average research would tell you. He was getting hostile saying that it wasn't necessary. He was saying, "I've been hiking for so and so many years. I hate when people think they know it alls"

I gave him a ride to Waynesboro. Without saying thanks, he made me buy him a dinner at the sushi buffet. I honestly did not have the money for that ****.

So sorry for everyone he got hostile with while hanging out with me. It put me in an extremely awkward position.
    His hat, pasty complexion, complete overall lack of muscle tone and cheap azz prizzon ink should have been a dead giveaway...

Live and learn!!!

Why would you hang out with someone like that? Why would you give someone like that a ride? How did he "make" you buy him dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    Why would you hang out with someone like that? Why would you give someone like that a ride? How did he "make" you buy him dinner.
    You are reading a post by someone who chose the name "FooFooCuddlyPoops" and you ask such questions?

damascus was overrun by these types during trail days

Images

I feel bad for his dog.

Journal Entries

To be a moocher, there must be willing moochees.

All you can eat sushi, nasty...and you paid?

Images

Sometimes one doesn't realize their generosity is being used and abused until it is too late, then things get awkward. The OP was a solo female. There are those out there who will use that to their advantage and apply bullying tactics when it looks like their game is up.

It sucks to try and help someone out only to find yourself being conned by a mooch. The good news is the OP was only embarrassed by the association and only out a little money for dinner. I will also bet she learned a lot from this experience.

I never really had a problem telling someone im done with your shenanigans, time we part ways.

Definitely need more pics of the girl.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    damascus was overrun by these types during trail days
    Every Trail Days these types show up. This particular one that is pictured showed me some of his artwork and I saw one I really liked. He needed a pair of trail runners and we made a deal that I would get him the shoes and I would get the artwork. So a couple of days later he shows up wanting those shoes and I asked him where the art was. He says "Don't worry you can trust me. My lawyer has it locked away in NYC and as soon as I get the shoes they will ship it to you". I says "No art no shoes" and that was the end of that.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by FooFooCuddlyPoops View Post
    Hey guys,

Looking at his Facebook page and into his profile he does not belong to any hiking related groups nor is there any "Likes" for any hiking related pages. When I get folks wanting to join my group I always look at their profiles.........

Guys like them are like stray cats, if you keep feeding them they keep staying around. Don't feed them!

and by feeding I mean food, attention, admiration, and the mere company of a bonny young lass like the OP.

Glad she got away so light, good learning experience, and thank you for admitting your gullibility / kindness so we can be better armed against these users.

Keep on hiking little sister!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++