WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default MYOG Backpack "Scrambler"

So I just finished my first MYOG backpack and I am pretty excited about it. Going to start on the next one in a few weeks because I had so much fun building the first one.
    I am calling this one the "Scrambler". It incorporates my bridge hammock spreader bars as the internal frame. I recorded the whole process of the build and uploaded all the videos to my channel if anybody is interested. Total weight of the pack is 813g and if you add the spreader bar frame it tops out at 1121g. Total volume is around 50 liters. Wouldnt consider it an UL pack but it is much lighter than my previous pack so it's an upgrade for me. The material is a 200D PU coated oxford nylon. X-pac fabric on the bottom of the pack. Can't wait to test it out this weekend.

DSC01666.jpgDSC01668a.jpgDSC01669.jpg

Here is few pics of the frame and the pack inside out to see how it sets in it.

DSC01626.jpgDSC01635.jpg

Forgot to mention, the main front pocket is removable and can be clipped to a belt for day hiking from camp.

How long did it take to make?

How much money did you spend?

Looks good.

WOW! Great job. You are very talented, sir.

very nice, indeed

That is very impressive. I like the wide shoulder straps, how wide are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra2015 View Post
    How long did it take to make?

How much money did you spend?

Looks good.
    I spent several weekends working it. The whole process was quite enjoyable for me so I spent alot more time than needed.
    With shipping it was around $100 but about $70 if you were to use something other than Xpac fabric for the base of the pack. But I actually spent about $230 in supplies to make this pack and the next pack. This pack was the prototype that turned out much better than expected. The next pack is made completely out of Xpac expedition fabric (multicam) and standard xpac terrain fabric sold by rockywoods. So the next pack will be substantially more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by daddytwosticks View Post
    WOW! Great job. You are very talented, sir.
    Thanks daddytwosticks

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    very nice, indeed
    Thanks Yankee

Quote Originally Posted by CenAZwalker View Post
    That is very impressive. I like the wide shoulder straps, how wide are they?
    The shoulder straps are 3" if i remember correctly. You might have to check the video series out to be sure. Waist belt is two 4" x 12" sides and feels very comfortable.

++ New Posts ++