WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Thoughts and prays

"Georgia toward New England. Snowfall amounts in excess of 18” are predicted in some areas, and deeper drifts can be expected." All my thoughts and prays are with all that are currently out on the trail be safe out there. Be safe to all that are soon to set out.

I should have read your post before the post I just made about this snowstorm. Yes, I hope not too many hikers are out today. Well.. it IS February and February IS winter!

18" here overnight and one additional inch today.

I pray they are all safe!

More snow on the way for us, apparently, tomorrow. Stay safe and warm everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyez View Post
    All my thoughts and prays are with all that are currently out on the trail be safe out there.
    Guess what...

prayer.jpg
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Journal Entries
    Images

Hot Flash,

i would humbly suggest that you open your mind and heart, and expand your horizons. This link might be e a good place to start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster.

Pastafarianism is is not for everyone, but when you are in a time of crisis, it's good to have something to fill in on the admissions paperwork.

Probably not the best place to win converts, though.

Sarcasm: how to be a dick and still think you're funny.

Concerning the OP... I hope everyone is okay too.

(And I thought that word would be censored. Lol. Whoops.)

Journal Entries
    Images

OK, here is a better reply.

Hot Flash,

i hear hear what you are saying. In scores of posts you have reminded everyone one on Whiteblaze that Jesus is an "imaginary friend", and God does not exist. And, most recently that prayer does not have a place In this world.

Some have taken you to task for that, and others have been outright offended. Not me, however. I hear, and respect, those beliefs. On the whole, I share them.

At the same time, WB may not be the best place to press that point. Why bother?

Wow. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post

Some have taken you to task for that, and others have been outright offended. Not me, however. I hear, and respect, those beliefs. On the whole, I share them.

At the same time, WB may not be the best place to press that point. Why bother?
    Totally agree with this. I was shocked when I saw her post and intitially thought about responding but chose not to. I cannot believe a member of the hiking community would be so intolerant towards the belief systems of others. There is no place for bigotry and intolerance - on this board, on the trail, or anywhere imo.

I think kindness is evolutionarily supported and religiously endorsed.

I also think introspection and contemplation is beneficial. Prayer at its most physiological is an internal dialogue. Self-soothing in a psychological sense....

So, if an atheists finds themselves angry and lashing out at their community they should instead turn inwards for contemplation instead of outwards onto others.

This 1) benefits the individual 2) protects against social discord.

I'm not an atheist, but I've read Richard Dawkins book, The Selfish Gene. Goes into altruism and how it could have come about through evolution.

Might also want to google the Princess Alice experiment.

Hey AngelEyez -- Still hanging with us? Thanks for posting your concern for hikers during this snow storm.

Some (not hikers) have lost their lives as a result of this storm. Our hearts go out to those families, as well.

I join you in thinking and praying for the safety of everyone.

Check out Jim Finch and Hudson on TJ. Both are on the trail right now. Jim went hiking yesterday, Hudson took a 0. Stay safe all.

Quote Originally Posted by 4shot View Post
    Totally agree with this. I was shocked when I saw her post and intitially thought about responding but chose not to. I cannot believe a member of the hiking community would be so intolerant towards the belief systems of others. There is no place for bigotry and intolerance - on this board, on the trail, or anywhere imo.
    The irony is that this particular brand of hateful anti-religious bigotry is most common among those who see intolerance and bigotry everywhere else except within themselves.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RN-PCT2015 View Post
    The irony is that this particular brand of hateful anti-religious bigotry is most common among those who see intolerance and bigotry everywhere else except within themselves.
    I have just began to notice this too.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post
    Hey AngelEyez -- Still hanging with us? Thanks for posting your concern for hikers during this snow storm.

Some (not hikers) have lost their lives as a result of this storm. Our hearts go out to those families, as well.

I join you in thinking and praying for the safety of everyone.
    Ditto.........
    DeerPath

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY
    IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
    BUT RATHER SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING "HOLY CRAP....WHAT A RIDE!"

I have noticed this most of my life. Thank God that a lot of men and women have given their lives so that others may think and say what they will. I would say that they were the truely " Tolerant Ones ".

Journal Entries
    Images

yeah still here shaking my head, this was a simple gesture of kindness and concern. I never put in a specific god or religious believe system. Doesn’t most religion pray?? even if your not religious that doesn’t mean your with out a heart and hope for all safe return. Really at a loss here

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyez View Post
    yeah still here shaking my head, this was a simple gesture of kindness and concern. I never put in a specific god or religious believe system. Doesn’t most religion pray?? even if your not religious that doesn’t mean your with out a heart and hope for all safe return. Really at a loss here
    Hey sweet girl... no worries! Shake it off.

This is a privately owned site. It is moderated.

Stay safe AngelEyez.. I bet you got slammed in Freeport too. Thanks again for posting your thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++