WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Did ten days in the county lock up in FL for getting caught with a couple joints at spring break 1985. my bad

Images

never judge how far someone will get in life, by where they are standing now. If he is trying to get somewhere it's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoffeect View Post
    If he is trying to get somewhere it's good enough for me.
    I think everyone here respects someone that is trying to turn his life around, but that's not what he is doing. he got out of jail and is getting tax payers to pay for him to hike. if he was turning his life around he would be trying to find steady job and support himself....... and if he would of shown up a year or 2 from now with his own money I would support him 100%. what he did was get out of jail, get a food stamp card and go hike...... he is a POS in my book.

The man has to eat....at least he is not begging or setting up "less than honest" websites preying on others sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    The man has to eat....at least he is not begging or setting up "less than honest" websites preying on others sympathy.
    LOL I guess so, but he can work for his food !!! he could work if he wanted too, he just doesn't.

Journal Entries

He is working. He is working on leaving behind a horrible previous life to hopefully become a better person. If public funds facilitate the process for a few months, well thats probably in everyones best interest in the long term isnt it? Or would you like to pay to support him for life in a prison? Your choice. He knows he needs a new start, he wants this to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    He is working. He is working on leaving behind a horrible previous life to hopefully become a better person. If public funds facilitate the process for a few months, well thats probably in everyones best interest in the long term isnt it? Or would you like to pay to support him for life in a prison? Your choice.
    I get what you're saying to a degree, but that's a pretty sad argument. You really think that he's somehow so inherently immoral that those are our choices? I don't think that at all. Besides even if it were true, I'd think the argument goes out the window if he's breaking the law by collecting the benefits. Any plan to leave behind a criminal past that is entirely funded by an illegal endeavor is suspect to me.

I don't really care, and I certainly don't have any ill will towards the guy, but the attention he's been getting (particularly when the word 'inspirational' gets tossed around) isn't due. Why can't we find a more positive figure to make the talk of 2014? Surely there are a few dozen truly inspirational stories each year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++