WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Thru-Hike

Default 2015 Thru-Hike

Hey! Just want to put a shout-out up here. I'll be hitting the trail in ?March? (up for debate) of 2015. Hope to see ya'll out there....

hey i am also starting the trail March, 2015. Wouldnt mind company, still hike you own hike. Let me know if you would be interested in starting together.

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Hey-Dufresne welcome to the gang! Looks like you are maybe planning to start in March as well. Figuring on starting the 9th myself. If timelines work out maybe some of us will start out around the same time. Hope our paths will cross :-)
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Hey Matt. Sure, it's a ways off, but part of the excitement is all the interesting people I'm sure to meet.

Journal Entries
    Images

Try to plan to start around the ATKO. You wlll meet alot of people starting out. Plus you will be able to get a pack shake down and tons of advice for and last minute questions you may have. Hope to see you there.

Ha i know! too excited for it! Some thing ive been dying to do for a few years now.

March 2 baby ... only a year to go!

I am planning a March 1 start date... Hope to see some of y'all out there!

Journal Entries

I am also planning a March 2015 AT thru hike. It's gonna be exciting!

March for me as well!

Probably will head out in the middle of the week to avoid the crowds. Maybe March 11th?

Planning a mid-March departure as well. Hope to see you all out there!

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starbright View Post
    Try to plan to start around the ATKO. You wlll meet alot of people starting out. Plus you will be able to get a pack shake down and tons of advice for and last minute questions you may have. Hope to see you there.
    In case anyone is looking to start at the 2015 ATKO, I found out that it is set for the first full weekend of March, which is the 6th-8th. I plan to arrive on the 5th, do the first part of the approach trail to the lodge, stay for the ATKO, then head out the 9th finishing up the approach to Springer to do a little walking :-)
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker View Post
    In case anyone is looking to start at the 2015 ATKO, I found out that it is set for the first full weekend of March, which is the 6th-8th. I plan to arrive on the 5th, do the first part of the approach trail to the lodge, stay for the ATKO, then head out the 9th finishing up the approach to Springer to do a little walking :-)
    What is the ATKO? I'm guessing, Approach Trail Kick Off? Appalachian Trail....something or other?

ditto March 2. My sweet wife is willing to drive to FS42 to pick me up after the approach trail, we'll spend the night at Amicalola then she'll take me back to FS42 again on March 3rd---how great is that? The extra night in a real bed, start from Springer, but still enjoy the approach trail. It could happen, whadayathink? Good luck, look forward to meeting you, and God bless...

Journal Entries

Why wait! Hike now!!! HIKE ON !!!

Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by dufresne View Post
    Hey! Just want to put a shout-out up here. I'll be hitting the trail in ?March? (up for debate) of 2015. Hope to see ya'll out there....

I hope to be hitting the trail in mid-march, aiming for a few days before 3/20 to avoid the first day of spring crowd. I hiked from Amicalola to Deep Gap in 2013, and intend to hike from Deep Gap to Hot Springs this June. Rock Steady, a heads up about USFS 42, when we tried to go up ii in late march of 2013 the road was very muddy and slick for our car (my girlfriend dropped me off) I would recommend foru wheel drive or a shuttle. Hope to meet most (if not all) of you on the trail.

Journal Entries

I found out what ATKO stands for...Appalachian Trail Kick Off. I wish I could make that but unfortunately, I will be needed since Spring Break will be hitting our region that week. We may not be Port Aransas or Fort Lauderdale, but Big Bend National Park attracts nature lovers by the hundreds. But you can betcha I will be starting my hike afterwards. Good Luck to all and hope to see you all there on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra2015 View Post
    March for me as well!

Probably will head out in the middle of the week to avoid the crowds. Maybe March 11th?
    Thinking along the same lines - planning to head out March 12th as a birthday present to myself.

Oh and btw, hi everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by YesRushGen View Post
    Thinking along the same lines - planning to head out March 12th as a birthday present to myself.

Oh and btw, hi everybody!
    Happy birthday! For this year and next.

Whoo-hoo! Happy birthday!!!
    "In our best times, everything turns into religion, all the world seems a church and the mountains, altars." ~ John Muir

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++