WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Something different

I saw this http://www.rei.com/product/865361/si...ing-bag-womens at REI today. There seems to be several on the same these. I do not know if it's a good idea, but it is new.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Same here.
    There was some talk on another forum last September about some new SD products that started with a new quilt design (it has sort of gloves built- in) but ended up mostly discussing tents.
    Within that thread , this new bag came out as a BTW , from memory there was no interest in it.
    I do think that it has a lot of potential and in my mind it seems to work (visualising myself in it) but if it would in practice (for me) or not I obviously don't know.

Images

igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Journal Entries
    Images

A little heavy, I would prefer a better quality down - but after seeing the video - very sound ideas for clostrophobic people. I really like the foot box kick out... very nice... it will sell!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

800 fill that is DWR enhanced is nice as well. I would love to try one and do wish it were lighter, but I suspect I might have the best sleep of my life in the backcountry. SD is on a role....www.sierradesigns.com

Journal Entries
    Images

on the subject of different kinds sleeping bag this new sleeping bag suits are way cool but dont go cold enough. http://www.amazon.com/Selkbag-Origin...eping+bag+suit

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyez View Post
    on the subject of different kinds sleeping bag this new sleeping bag suits are way cool but dont go cold enough. http://www.amazon.com/Selkbag-Origin...eping+bag+suit
    Exped makes a line of wearable sleeping bags with arm holes and a big opening for legs/feet. http://www.exped.com/usa/en/product-.../sleeping-bags I bought one and tried it, but it was cut too tight, so I sold it. One of those things that looks like a good idea but a lot gets lost in the translation to a real product.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

I don't quite see this something a thru hiker would want, but what the heck. Seems like lot of $$$, heavy, and just overkill.

The photo in post #3 looks like the Michelin man in a burqah.

Images

The SD version of the arm pass thru is 68" in girth so that should help with nah feeling of tightness.

Who remembers the Frogg Sac? A summer sleeping bag that you could walk around in like a bath robe.

++ New Posts ++