WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Steve's Loss

Post Steve's Loss

I just read in this mornings Kennebec Journal of the passing of Steve, The Kennebec Ferryman's mother. Helen Longley was 83 years old and the widow of Jim Longley, Maine's first independent Governor. I used to see her on the golf course right up to a couple of years ago. I'm sure The Ferryman would appreciate your thoughts and prayers at this time.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Prayers for the family

Default Sorry to hear the news Steve

My condolences Steve. Thank you for hosting us this weekend while dealing with that.

The Scribe
    "If I get started in the right direction, I just might get to where I want to go." -- Tab Benoit

Thanks Moxie.

Steve Longley
    Rte 201
    The Forks, ME
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

My condolences to Steve. He is a good friend to the hiking community.
    A man said to the universe, "Sir, I exist."
    "However", replied the universe, "that fact does not instill in me a sense of obligation."

Images

sorry to hear about the passing of your mom steve,God bless you and your family neo

Images

Default Sympathies to Steve

I met Steve at last year's WhiteBlaze gathering in Caratunk. He's a fine fellow.

Steve, we all are very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Please know that we feel for you.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Default Sincere Thanks to all!

I want to express my deep gratitude for the calls and letters of condolence received from the many members of the AT hiking community for the loss of my beautiful and wonderful mother, Helen Angela Walsh Longley. Because of the generous deeds bestowed upon me during this recent crisis from many friends including; Baltimore Jack, Dean Gamage, Eric Landry, Ben from Moxie Outdoor Adventures, Arthur Leblanc, Scott Lozis, Billy Gladu and Sue Wilber, I would not have been there by her bedside holding her hand for her last breath, Tuesday, September 13 at 12:51pm. She was passionate about her Irish heritage, passionate about being a Buckeye from Spriingfield, Ohio and passionate about caring for the less fortunate in our society. She was also the greatest mother in the world and even after laying her to rest in peace yesterday, this is one wound of the heart that will take the rest of my lifetime to heal. Sincerely, Steve 'ferryman' Longley

++ New Posts ++