WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rocket GA->ME '04
    Images

I think A-Train's advice is sound. Don't even try to find out what states are hard, easy, boring, etc. Just go and expect a surprise. And whatever anybody tells you, assume they're full of it. Not because they are, just to not let any expectations sink in, because somebody else can perceive something completely differently depending on their tedencies, mood, etc. But seriously, the number of people that I heard say that VA was flat, Maine was flat, etc. is unreal. And nothing could have been farther from the truth...

To answer the question, I'd say the most mentally challenging was probably PA, just because I wasn't too enchanted with the state. But never thought of calling it quits.

Images

twas PA & southern jersey for me. good thing there's plenty of watering holes in PA to lighten the spirits.

Just Passin' Thru.... Kozmic Zian's Avatar
    Images

Default Tough Blues? Naw....

Yea, once I realized, in Harpers Ferry, that I was 1/2 way....I never looked back. Maine was tough on 'The Head'....'cause I didn't want it to end....wanted to turn around, but alas....wifey wouldn't have that, and I was pretty 'beat up', which I think most of us experience on a Thruy....admit it or not....the last state is the toughest....mentally and physically, NB or SB. Never had the 'Quittin' Blues' though. That does not compute....
    Kozmic Zian@ :cool: ' My father considered a walk in the woods as equivalent to churchgoing'. ALDOUS HUXLEY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++